Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important notice regarding suspension/restriction of fishing

Default Important notice regarding suspension/restriction of fishing

Your input is needed:

https://krcrtv.com/news/local/emerge...ng-coronavirus

The emergency meeting is Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.

The opportunity to cast your input is available by calling the Commission or joining in the meeting via teleconference and webinar. The phone number is (877) 402-9753 or (636) 651-3141; access code 832 4310. Anyone can attend the meeting
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

As I mentioned in the other thread you can also email your comments until 5pm today.

Don’t expect that just because it’s easy for them to stop fishing activities that they’ll be in the same “emergency” hurry to legally restart them when the time is deemed “right”.

If anyone knows how to practice safe distancing its fly fishermen....forget 6 feet, someone gets within 30 yards of your spot, you start yelling at them to beat it!
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread you can also email your comments until 5pm today.

Don’t expect that just because it’s easy for them to stop fishing activities that they’ll be in the same “emergency” hurry to legally restart them when the time is deemed “right”.
    Oops. I missed the other thread. Thanks for the heads-up. Email sounds like a good idea. Very disappointed to hear about Baum Lake. But not entirely surprised.
    "Radiate, radiate, radiate far and wide as the lines of latitude and longitude on a globe."
    - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If anyone knows how to practice safe distancing its fly fishermen....forget 6 feet, someone gets within 30 yards of your spot, you start yelling at them to beat it!
    This, coupled with the beneficial mental health aspects/benefits, is what I would encourage people to focus on if they make public comment...

Interesting photo on the lead in to that video, it may not be but doesn’t that fish look like it would live in Pyramid lake in Nevada

I don’t live in California. However, I implore California Anglers to contact the Fish and Game Commission and protest any shut down of fishing across the state. We know fishing is a great way to be outside which has both physical and mental health benefits and it is quite easy to practice social distancing.

I sincerely hope the bureaucrats don’t try this in Nevada for if they do they will have a fight in their hands.

If the time was just spent on the stream or lake that "may" not be a problem. How about the time when folks are not on the water? Where do they eat, fuel up and stay? Let's postpone the opening day so that all folks are able to take the best advice from the health care folks and slow down the spread of this virus.

Time to think what "may" be best for all people.
    Dick

The meeting has been postponed due to, well, a variety of issues

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/outdoo...41886476.html?

Typical CFGC can’t even get their acts together to host an online meeting
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 04-09-2020 at 11:30 AM.