Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American River Parkway Closure

Default American River Parkway Closure

My neighbor who works for the Parkway told me all American River accesses will be closed Sat and Sun to prevent huge crowds.

I’m sure the homeless encampments will remain...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog8404 View Post
    I’m sure the homeless encampments will remain...
    Yup, just ask Newsom. He’s more worried about giving illegal immigrants stimulus than taking care of our homeless that pollute the rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    Yup, just ask Newsom. He’s more worried about giving illegal immigrants stimulus than taking care of our homeless that pollute the rivers.
    Actually, addressing the homeless crisis was his singular priority. Maybe you didn’t hear his state of the state address? He was abundantly vocal about it, and I was quite encouraged by the size and scope of his plans. While I am always skeptical about any politicians delivery on their agenda, this was the first time I’ve heard any elected official take such a wholistic approach to actually dealing with the problem. Of course, that has since taken a backseat to the Covid 19 pandemic. Unfortunately, I don’t think there was really a choice in that matter.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    My neighbor who works for the Parkway told me all American River accesses will be closed Sat and Sun to prevent huge crowds.
    So if I’m reading this correctly, this would just be weekends? Midweek, the park accesses would still be open?
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Jason, It’s only for this Easter weekend. I suspect they will do it again for Memorial Day weekend if we are still in lock down.

I posted this in Steelhead > Blue Backs On American.

Sac County parks closed this weekend: https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/ar...41837191.html?

But I sense some wiggle room (if the trails are open, you can still get in, probably more like the parking lots are closed):

"All 29 county parks will be cordoned off starting Friday night and reopen Monday morning, Casparis said. That includes popular parks along the American River, as well as facilities like Sherman Island and Gibson Ranch.

But multi-use trails and bike paths — such as the Two Rivers Trail and the American River Parkway — will remain open for bicyclists and pedestrians," Casparis said.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Do you think the parks will open up anytime soon?

"All 29 county parks will be cordoned off starting Friday night and reopen Monday morning, Casparis said. That includes popular parks along the American River, as well as facilities like Sherman Island and Gibson Ranch.

I'm going to give it a shot and have already made arrangements for bail. If you go to the big house, go in style.

It seems to me they're closing parking lots, but basically allowing people to use the parks if they enter via the bike trails and retain social distancing. It's unclear if the bottom section is updated or old language (prior to this weekend).

From Sac County Regional Parks website:

https://regionalparks.saccounty.net/Pages/default.aspx

"All County Parks Closed This Weekend

Sacramento County Regional Parks facilities, including restrooms and parking lots, will be closed to the public Easter weekend, April 11 and 12. Regional Parks is proactively taking this measure to limit public use of parks facilities this holiday weekend, since it traditionally a busy weekend with an influx of visitors hosting large group gatherings. Trails will remain open for use, and facilities will be monitored by Parks staff to ensure visitors are maintaining proper social distancing, as per the Sacramento County public health order.

Picnic Sites and BBQ Areas Closed
    Per the Sacramento County Public Health Order, all picnic sites and BBQ areas are closed. We will re-open the facilities as soon as we can.

Social Distancing in Regional Parks
    Parks and golf courses within the Sacramento County Regional Parks system will remain open, as the Public Health Order allows residents to engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements. Please remember that the point of this Public Health Order is to have people stay at home as much as possible, but as people utilize parks for essential outdoor activities such as walking, hiking, bicycling and equestrian activities while this Order is in place, we ask they maintain a social distance of at least six feet, avoid congregating in groups and wash their hands as often as possible. ​For more information, visit our Social Distancing Page​."
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river