Thread: CA fishing closure

Default CA fishing closure

CA is thinking about closing some counties to all recreational fishing

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/outdoo...241808126.html

Default Baum lake closed off

I got word today that the gate is closed at Baum lake. I haven't been able get out to see for my self, but have talked with 2 locals that have seen the gate closed. Also my neighbor said that the access to Lake Britton is closed along with the Burney Falls Park. Cassel PGE camp ground is closed along with all forest service campgrounds in upper Hat Creek. I was looking forward to this opener on lower Hat and Fall River, it would have been the last opener if the proposal to keep them open year around goes thorough for next year.

Dang.................

There's some chatter over on Blantons too.
    http://www.danblanton.com/viewmessage.php?id=214855

I hope they don't "slam the door" on you all in California.

They're slowly tightening the noose on all of us.............

I'm here just tying midges...........midges...........lots and lots of midges...........

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 04-06-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Considering the population of Mount Shasta seems to have tripled in the past week I understand why this is being talked about...

Think about how good the fishing will be when the Covi-19 cloud lifts!

Thanks for sharing the article, I think it does a pretty good job of painting the picture. I really hope that they don’t do a blanket closure, though it looks more likely that this would be specific to individual counties. Unfortunately, I suspect my own county would likely end up closed, despite the fact that there are a few places where locals could go without much interaction from anyone. We too have had absurd numbers of visitors, with a large number not really bothering to pay much attention to minimizing their impact, and some not even making any attempt to give space and distance to others.
    I think the comments by the guide at the end of the article sum it up very well: we must take action to minimize the spread of the virus, but we also desperately need access to the outdoors somehow. It’s really up to the citizens to do this better; acting like it’s business as usual will not work, and will end up in more and more drastic measures to address the problem. None of us like the situation, but the attitudes and actions of some can easily make it a whole lot worse for all.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I’m getting very close to going to my family in Utah where there is a more appropriate balance of risk and sanity.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. What 99% of recreational fisherman in this state are doing does not increase the risk of transmission and doesn’t increase the risk of strain on the resources of rural counties.

Stopping people from accessing the outdoors with county wide shutdowns is not the answer and will continue to sow seeds of resentment.

Stopping people from accessing their rightfully owned property is a whole nother ball of wax that I’m not touching.

NOt sure where your family is from in utah but some areas are on full lock down. Cant tell if it is by the county or municipality but my buddy in Summit Co sounds like his lock down is no joke.

Public comments can be made by email until 5pm tomorrow (4/8/20) by emailing fgc@fgc.ca.gov

The meeting invitation information for webex is also published at https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.a...=177990&inline

It is not clear whether public comment will be accepted during the meeting, so email is the safest.

PLEASE COMMENT!!!

It looks like we have to wait a bit longer to find out CADFW's decision: https://cdfgnews.wordpress.com/2020/...for-next-week/

DOH! I didn't notice that this had been posted on another thread. Oh well, redundancy...
    Last edited by Fly Guy Dave; 04-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." --Jeff Lebowski

Some pics of native salmonids: http://flyguydave.wordpress.com/