Quote Originally Posted by Mike Churchill View Post
Bill, I got my introduction to the Delta on the October 2007 Board outing. On Saturday, Paul and Robin Egan took me out in their boat. As a life long trout fisherman, Paul shocked me when he handed me a 9-wt with a floating line that looked like a cable attached to an Umpqua Swimming Frog, then told me to cast INTO the tules. Only the first of many days I spent down there with them.

Saturday afternoon I watched as Captain Jerry Neuberger turned 99 cent flip flops into foam poppers using an electric drill as a lathe. I also met Ed Wahl, David Lee, and Scott V. over beers that evening.

On Sunday, Capt. Jerry took me out on his boat and gave me guided tour of the central Delta.

I've been a Delta Striper and bass junkie ever since and have done my best to pay it forward to others. I also attended in 2008, when I was part of the tiny boat flotilla fishing in the slough and the edge of Franks Tract. We used the long-closed Lundborg Landing as our base of operations both years, I think. It was south of the Sugar Barge on Bethel Island.
Good times !!

I remember the 2006 Summer Bass bug trip well - 117 degrees as we drove in , only time to fish was at Night !

D.~