Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff’s 2020 AR Shad Reports

My father and I hit double digits yesterday fishing the middle part of the river wading. The hot fly was a #10 firecracker. The Shad still seem like they are moving in and are not quite packed up yet. Nonetheless, it was fun!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Yes flows are down big time compared to last years 5k minimum it was as high as 10k in June!
    Aron-

"I own a time machine, but it only moves forward at regular speed..."

"So many rivers to fish so little time!"

Had a good day sat with 6 fish in about an hour. Sunday got 10 total with a buddy in same general area. Both days the bite slowed down in the evening...don’t know if it was the fish or I needed to move spots.

Fished early this morning with Smitty mid river and we got into some but it wasn’t lights out. Andy called me while I was fishing to ask if I wanted to do a recon in his jet Lowe. Obviously when Andy asked you I’d you want to go look for shad with him you jump on it. We launched his boat mid-river and it was initially slow but we stated to find one or two here and there. We finally found a bunch in some shallow water. Always great to fish with Capt. Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Fished early this morning with Smitty mid river and we got into some but it wasn’t lights out. Andy called me while I was fishing to ask if I wanted to do a recon in his jet Lowe. Obviously when Andy asked you I’d you want to go look for shad with him you jump on it. We launched his boat mid-river and it was initially slow but we stated to find one or two here and there. We finally found a bunch in some shallow water. Always great to fish with Capt. Andy.

Did you guys see any stripers chasing those Shad around or schools?

We didn’t see any stripers and no big pods of shad and Andy has a keen eye for spotting stripers.
    Last edited by Jeff C.; 05-05-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Fished this morning midriver and did well until it got crowded with bobber anglers. Hot fly was the Firecracker

Did a solo float (upper river to mid-river). Got one or two here and there from the top to the take-out but did pickup a half dozen in one mid-river hole that was a wind tunnel. The North wind was brutal in a few reaches. FYI, went by an angler who told me the Harrington was packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Did a solo float (upper river to mid-river). Got one or two here and there from the top to the take-out but did pickup a half dozen in one mid-river hole that was a wind tunnel. The North wind was brutal in a few reaches. FYI, went by an angler who told me the Harrington was packed.
    Thanks for the report Jeff. I saw a video someone took of Harringtons and it was almost shoulder to shoulder there.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Thanks for the report Jeff. I saw a video someone took of Harringtons and it was almost shoulder to shoulder there.
    Yep, I walked the bank at Gristmill, both Harrington and Gristmill were both shoulder to shoulder. I didn't realize shad were only at that one riffle..

On a serious note, did a float from SB to Rossmoore today. No visible shad above Sunrise, but plenty all the way down from Sunrise.