Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing Inflatable...

Quote Originally Posted by ricards View Post
    My Outcast pontoon boat resides in my living room during the hot summer months.

That'd go over like a fart in church on Sunday..................................

Not gonna' happen at my, errrrrr.................... ummmmm................... "our" house.

Bob

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Why don't you ask Dave Scadden? He's usually really good at responding. And since he won't be at any shows right now I'd say your chances of getting a thorough reply are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by ricards View Post
    Definitely not in a hot garage. I have heard of seams failing due to extreme heat. A friend of mine had to send his boat back to Dave Scadden and have it repaired for that reason. My Outcast pontoon boat resides in my living room during the hot summer months.
    I store my Watermaster Kodiak similar to how BS stores his -- but with only enough air to keep the surface free of deep creases. That also allows for expansion so that boat never expands so much to be over-inflated. You should check on it on really hot days, just like you would if you were out on the river in 100* weather.

Agree with DLJeff- Dave Scadden probably has lots of time right now to answer questions.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    That'd go over like a fart in church on Sunday..................................

Not gonna' happen at my, errrrrr.................... ummmmm................... "our" house.

Bob
    Not gonna happen at her, errr......”our” house is what you meant to say.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Didn’t even think about asking Dave. Note to self...Call Dave! Thanks guys.

Ha yeah me too ! Just for laughs I may suggest it...

I was told that hanging horizontally partially inflated is the best as shown above. If you can't do that, folding/rolling loosely is OK as long as you don't put anything heavy on top of the boat. I have done the folding/rolling for many years with good results.

I've got an old pickup (1994) that I pretty much just use for fishing. It has a camper shell. I store my Scadden Renegade in it partially deflated. It gets hot in the Sacramento Valley, but I have never had an issue storing my inflatable this way and parking in my driveway.

I talked to Dave today about storing the raft. He said just roll it up loosely and store it in the garage or a back room and it would be fine. So thats the plan.