Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TPL Fiberglass Pram - Exceptional condition

What year was the pram built. Too make my gunnels (sides) from creeping in when I rowed, I put a length of aluminum tubing in the channel and this kept the sides from flexing a lot.
    I used to sit on a bucket to row but got smart and made a beach seat. I made it out of a 2"x8" oak plank. I then added two 1"x2" strips on each side on the bench to keep the board in place. But eventually I broke down and bought a 55lb thrust Minn Kota and later bought a 2hp 4 stoke Honda.
    Sad to say, I sold it. Wish I still had it. Much easier to fish out of than my fish cat 4 or pontoon boat.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

It was built in 1975. I like the aluminium tubing idea. Clever. One of the few faults I can find with the boat is the hull flex due to the lack of reinforcing on the gunnels. I thought if I splashed a carbon kevlar version of the TPL that I would put ported spruce/ash hybrid gunnels on it to get rid of that that flex, pretty it up and still keep it light.

Was the bench fixed or removable? I hate to admit liking to stretch out in the bottom and taking snooze. Good sleep.