Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok / responsible to take a Cal trip right now?

Can't fish in Washington State for 2 weeks. I hope we're not next.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...ow-coronavirus
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

I would not follow such an order. It’s unnecessary and very draconian. Fine me, I wouldn’t care.

I agree. There is no scientifically based reason to shut down fishing statewide. It’s time for some pushback.

People have been “pushing back” in pretty big numbers...which is a huge part of why these emergency measures are getting more and more restrictive. Encouraging others to defy such closures will not help at all! In all likelihood, I would expect further closures here, though to what extent does very much depend on how much success we have with current measures. The numbers aren’t looking too promising right now though in my opinion.
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    People have been “pushing back” in pretty big numbers...which is a huge part of why these emergency measures are getting more and more restrictive. Encouraging others to defy such closures will not help at all! In all likelihood, I would expect further closures here, though to what extent does very much depend on how much success we have with current measures. The numbers aren’t looking too promising right now though in my opinion.
    The govt will take what we are willing to let them take, whether that’s taxes, rights, privileges, etc.

When your friends and family start to get sick you may feel differently.

Italy now has more cases than China with a vastly inferior population due to China's quick action.

I fear we are going to see huge amounts of deaths because of the slow and inconsistent response.

Sincerely home I'm wrong.

You can no more stop this virus and it's affects than you can stop our pollution of the environment. Just like pollution, slow it maybe.....stop it no.
    Care must be taken for health purposes....panic will serve no one......
    .....lee s.

I’m agreeing with Lee s. Just because you sit in a house for awhile doesn’t mean it won’t be waiting when you come out. Buying all the canned goods and toilet paper you can get your hands on won’t help either. The real issue is that as a species we’re living to close to each other. The big cities where it’s almost impossible to avoid close contact is a virus’s playground. Little doubt in my mind that this kind of event will become more frequent. I’m also thinking that the major news networks that have been fanning this panic should be shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Idadon View Post
    ...I’m also thinking that the major news networks that have been fanning this panic should be shot!
    100% agree
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

We were up on the OP when the closure hit. The explanation was that "all of these people are leaving their homes and crowding the put-in's and take out ramps"!!!!!!!!! What a lame bit of reasoning?!!!! How do you get within 6' of anyone but the ones you are fishing with?
    Maybe that's what they are really addressing? 15 boats on a river means 45 people in close proximity? That's attacking a pretty small sample size.