Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ok / responsible to take a Cal trip right now?

Default Is it ok / responsible to take a Cal trip right now?

I'm not planning a trip right now but can one social distance responsibly fishing when I'd have to drive up and camp?

I think so but not sure, what do you think?

Practically speaking imagine motels and campgrounds May be closed?

Appreciate others views on this.

Steve

I would not see the problem. Bring your hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, etc. I would wipe down handles, door knobs, phones, night stands . . . anything your hands would be touching. Who knows who was in that hotel room last. Better safe than sorry. I doubt hotels/ motels would be closed.

And lastly, you now have your excuse for a couple of tugs of Jameson before nodding off . . . you know you can never be too safe?

Bob

Sage advice Bob cheers

I agree completely, Bob. I would assume most level heads would, if they were in charge.

You might want to check with your governor! He ordered all California residents to shelter in. Something about a $1,000 fine for violating the order.

On a personal note, the wife and I are stuck sitting down here in South Texas and need to get back to Idaho Falls at some point this spring. We usually take 5-7 days for the trip, stopping to eat and overnight in parks. This time it’s a hard run only stopping to get diesel. We’re towing our “Small Idaho RV” so that’s our eatery and restroom and maybe a short nap. No close contact for us on this trip.

On a happier note the fishing here in our stretch of saltwater is improving daily as the temps go up. Personally I’d stay here till June but it gets awful HOT & HUMID by then.

Yes given the order has been extended to Cal a trip may not be feasible

In a word NO. There are going to be people out there doing unadvised things. I would hope that the fly fishing community can be a part of larger thinking than worrying about going fishing right now. Frigin stay at home and don't mix with others as much as you can. We don't need everyone sick all at once. What is going to go down in the next week is dire. How bad it is going to be lessened by us being cooperative and supportive in an intelligent and selfless way.

So the guidance that hiking and walking is "ok" assuming social distancing does not apply?

Or the inference is that while some walks are ok generally the more people stay in the better? As the more people out generally makes transfer more likely even with distancing?

They closed Lake Camanche today, I can't even go through the gates to the lake. I didn't think that would happen, but it has.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

"Essential activity"

Deemed necessary for life. For mental health.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river