Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is it ok / responsible to take a Cal trip right now?

Read my other comment. If we allow them to take it; they will, and it might not come back.

I’m sure glad the 50 people a day out fishing at Putah are more of a risk for society than the thousands daily using the 12’ wide AR trail for walking/biking/etc

Quote Originally Posted by Troutsource View Post
    "Essential activity"

Deemed necessary for life. For mental health.
    YUP that would be me on a daily basis... fishing where there are ZERO people invading my space or my sanity... YCYFLYFSHER and provided some answers to your blue back questions in the thread you started btw

Here's a reason from the A on Saturday why I still fish in these times. It's about as safe an activity as you can have. And ironically the fishing has been the best it has ever been for me in terms of fish size. This one ran about 20", right after a 16". The weekend before it was an 18" and 19". Swinging caddis pupae.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steelie.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	15548
    Last edited by Troutsource; 03-31-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Read my other comment. If we allow them to take it; they will, and it might not come back.

I’m sure glad the 50 people a day out fishing at Putah are more of a risk for society than the thousands daily using the 12’ wide AR trail for walking/biking/etc
    This misses the point by a mile. For one thing, your alluding to some governmental conspiracy is about as thin as it gets. You seriously think that either local or federal government officials are really concerned about such trivial matters right now? Have you not noticed the size and scope of federal dollars being dumped to address both the medical and economic fallout? Our own Governor is about to have his entire signature plan put on eternal hold due to massive budget priority shifts. It may not fit in with how some of would like to see things, but the reality is that “they” (from city counsel members all the way up to the president) are being forced to prioritize minimizing the spread of the virus, and minimizing substantial loss of life. Even urgent economic concerns are taking a back seat for the time being. Fishing? Get real! The only way it gets thought of at all is if it is viewed as a potential source of congregation and spread.

All those people on local trails definitely caught some attention, and most trails are being shut down now too. I’m not at all happy about it! It pisses me off to have our local walking trails closed due to being literally overflowing with a bunch of folks from as far away as the Bay Area, but at the same time the numbers of people who felt the need to get out and who found ways to justify doing so was not at all consistent with current laws and guidance. It was only a matter of time. Find somewhere close to get outside, and follow the posted guidelines or we will end up loosing a lot more access. Find off times to go, go to less popular locations, if there are a bunch of cars, take a pass, etc. Being stubborn about this, or trying to make a point is not going to cause government officials or law enforcement to “ease up” on these restrictions! Guaranteed, it will make things worse for everyone!
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

We have no stay at home order here. Most businesses are closed. I went out yesterday. Aside from while in my car driving directly there and directly back I’d wager I wasn’t within half a mile of another human being. Certainly didn’t see any. Did wonders for my state of mind...

There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Rich, do you live in the Black Hills in SD?

Rich, do you live in the Black Hills in SD?
    Yes that is correct.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    605-858-0800
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Nice, one of these days I want to explore that area and its fisheries.

Nice, one of these days I want to explore that area and its fisheries.
    Let me know when you visit. I’d be happy to go fishing with you and show you around a bit.

Rich Morrison
    605-858-0800
    www.classicpowellrod.com