Thread: In need of new wading boots

Default In need of new wading boots

I have a set or Redington Skagit boots that I got maybe 4 years ago and they're pretty shot. Maybe Redington will warranty them? I'm a pretty frugal guy so I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money on a set of Patagonia Foot Tractors. But something a bit more reasonable would be nice. I was interested in the Korkers or the Orvis Pro boots for starters. Anyone with experience with either of these? Thanks for the help.

Wife and I have had several sets of Korkers wading boots. Some good, some bad. I don’t think I’ve gotten 4 years out of a set yet, but overall I’ve been pretty happy with them. The main issue I’ve had with them Korkers honored with immediate replacement service; I sent them photos of the failed heel strap on the soles, and they sent replacements the same day. That kind of service definitely is something I notice and appreciate.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

I have a set of Korkers dark horse boots. I’ve been wearing them since 2015. Between personal days and guiding I have multiple hundreds of days in them. Replaced the soles probably 4 times. Mechanically they work like the day I got them, no major tears or cracks. Recommend 100%. Routinely hike over 10 miles a day in them. As comfortable as my kenetreks!

Simms Tributary boots are on sale now good prices, I got a pair of Patagonia Light weight boots late last year on closeout they work pretty good so far.

Regards,

Tim C.

We always recommend trying on waders, with socks to be used and then boots to get a good fit.

Some boots will not fit your foot very good and the sizes vary a lot too.

What every Simms has for their least expensive boot is usually very good value.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........