Thread: What are you tying?

Default What are you tying?

Since I've been stuck in the house all week, i've used that time to tie up some of my favorite patterns for the lower sac and Pit: Fox Pupas, birds nest variations, pulsating pupas, rubberlegs, dark lords, etc. A great time to experiment tying new patterns or developing new variations of old ones.

What's everyone tying?

Quote Originally Posted by TroutHunter10 View Post
    Since I've been stuck in the house all week, i've used that time to tie up some of my favorite patterns for the lower sac and Pit: Fox Pupas, birds nest variations, pulsating pupas, rubberlegs, dark lords, etc. A great time to experiment tying new patterns or developing new variations of old ones.

What's everyone tying?
    I've been tying some different color combo midges and balanced leeches for Pyramid.........to the point that my fly boxes have runneth over.

Unfortunately, my Pyramid trip this week was snuffed by last nights snowfall and the wife having to work yesterday/Wednesday and the grandson's school being closed.

I ordered about $ 90.00 worth of beads, UV resin, and hooks yesterday to keep me tying for awhile.

I sure hope this is not the new norm.

I'm outta' here in a few minutes to beat up on some local trout ..................... just because I NEED to get out for a little while.

Bob

Bass flies. Mine are camera shy, so no pictures will be posted. The cold weather has slowed down the fishing in my community's lake, but I'll probably give it a try tomorrow.

This whole thing has actually kind of killed my creative juices and haven’t tied at all in the last couple of weeks. I need to refill my back country box (ants, Royal Wulffs), my soft hackles, and mix some steelhead skaters in to rest my eyes from tying on size 16 and smaller hooks . I have a blank waiting to be built out as well.
    Last edited by hwchubb; 03-22-2020 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Improve clarity

Been working on the yard the past couple weeks getting gardens going. Soon- no clue what to tie tho!

Quote Originally Posted by mike borba View Post
    Bass flies. Mine are camera shy, so no pictures will be posted. The cold weather has slowed down the fishing in my community's lake, but I'll probably give it a try tomorrow.
    Lol my flies are camera shy too!!!

some surf flies

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200322_101041.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	15496

I used UV minnow belly on the Clousers. Does not show up in the pic, but looks great under the sunlight.

Sorry me softy’s, smolts and sculpins! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2EC5529-E619-42EF-B354-D30BF8E3C359.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	15512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6336AA9A-E89F-4DF5-9CB9-E281404E2C54.jpeg 
Views:	209 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	15513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50AD8CCB-F31B-4D2A-96FA-72EE321D4E63.jpeg 
Views:	218 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	15511

Are the smolts for Am. River Steelhead?

Mark H.