Thread: Heading to the OP

Default Heading to the OP

We are heading to the OP, now later this week. Report is the place is a ghost town, but fishing is good. Guides have had literally everyone cancel. The OP has had 4 reported cases of COVID-19, all around Port Townsend, which is near Seattle. We'll be 100 miles away. Sounds safer than here right now.

Originally, we were flying into Portland, and coming up the south side of the OP this year. However, with Alaska Air not being able to guarantee we could get back, which I completely understand, we decided it's time to hop in the Grand Cherokee and make the Throw Momma From the Train road trip. Guides are completely open, rivers a tad low, but in good shape, and fish throughout the system. Hell, we'll even get in a couple of more days on the water this way! If you got lemons, make lemonade as hey say.

We'll see how it all works out.

Make a plan for your food. Restaurants will likely be closed.

Sounds like a great time to go.

Yep. Not missing much in Forks though. Highest quality restaurant might be 2 stars. There is a burger place, coffee shop, the local Pub and perhaps the worst Chinese restaurant that I have ever eaten at. Something about Chinese food in logging country just does not work. We have learned to do our own meals there.

For whatever reason, it seems like the larger fish are coming up later i the run. Used to be in February, now March.

Go Get 'em Yuba! Looking forward to seeing your report!

Good luck to you and please post a report when you get back