Thread: River suggestions for next week?

Default River suggestions for next week?

Hi All- I just cancelled my planned trip to AZ for friends and cactus league and that opens up a chance at steelhead. Any recent reports or suggestions? I'm good for nor Cal or southern OR. I'd appreciate your input.

Al

By the looks of the forecast which can change daily, at this point you may not have too many options. A tailwater may be doable up high in the system. I'm pretty set in my ways, when it comes to winter fish I wanna smell the salt, needless to say I'll be home.

Should be plenty of fish in the rivers, hooking up with one is a whole different story. Past two years the weather windows were slim, I didn't touch a fish. This year I've made one trip and still haven't, plenty of people upriver from me were doing well, this was mid February and I was as low in the system as you can go. Always good to get out there, fish or not.
    Last edited by Bwag; 03-14-2020 at 09:52 PM.

How far are you willing to drive?

Thanks Bwag- I'll let you know where I land. Probably the Klamath at this point.
    Al

I was thinking perhaps to the SF Umpqua. But I'm open. Please send a PM if you can.
    Al