Thread: Pyramid Report 3/11/2020

Default Pyramid Report 3/11/2020

Hmmmmmm.................this daylight savings time takes a little getting use to...................

Since the last two weeks fishing had produced fish in the late afternoon/evening for me, I wasn't in a big hurry to get to the lake today.

Launched from home @ 9:30 and arrived at "that southern beach" @ 10:45 and was greeted by Carmen, Jimmy, a couple of Idaho boys, and ...................................SANTA !!!

Well the low-down from Carmen was that the fishing was great on Monday, good on Tuesday, and poor this morning........................sure, of course, shoulda' been there yesterday..................

So, last Monday was the full moon, technically, and Carmen and Jimmy had two very good days during and after the "Big Moon". Hummmmph............figure that one out !!!!!!

After suiting up and getting ready to hit the water, a fellow off to my left hooked a pretty decent fish.
    After a pretty good tussle, the fish came unbuttoned right at his hand.
    I yelled over at him "what did he take".
    He replied, "A Cherry Bomb".
    Then I asked,"Who told you about a Cherry Bomb" ?
    He said, "I read about on Kiene's Fly Fishing Board"
    I then asked, "What's your screen name on the board"?
    He said, "Oh, I don't post. One of our club members told me to read the Pyramid Reports". Then in a split second he asked me, "Are you Bob" ?
    I kinda chuckled back, "Yep that's me............. BS".
    Well he came over and introduced himself as Mike, and we chatted it up for a good part of the day while fishing.

It seems that Mike was an early arrival for a "Fishout" over the next few days put on by the Santa Cruz Fly Fishing Club.........Hope I got that right Mike.

It was a pleasure to meet and fish with you today Mike. You're a good Man !!!
    I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the future........somewhere.......sometime !!!

Anyhow........the fishing.............

Carmen "bugged out" early and Jimmy stayed a bit longer before packing it in too.

I landed one "rat" in the late afternoon and had two strikes that didn't connect a bit later.
    I really thought the "evening bite", the last hour of light, was going to happen again..................but it never did.

So, my total for the day was 1 for 3.......................pretty pathetic...........

I guess I'll be "puttin' some redemption hurt" on the holdovers tomorrow at the local pond.

For the ride home tonight..........my small thermos of "Creamy Chunky Potato Soup Loaded With Cheddar And Bacon Bits", seasoned with S&P and Tabasco to my liking !!!

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ........

Bob

So what you are saying is that your cherry bomb is famous lol.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Bob I am living vicariously via your reports, so even if you don't have an epic day I'm still glad you went!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Bob I am living vicariously via your reports, so even if you don't have an epic day I'm still glad you went!
    I gotta' tell you Mr T, these skunkins', onesies and twosies are becoming "less than palatable" and quite annoying.

I keep threatening to move where I fish, and perhaps now is the time for that change.

I guess on the other side of the coin........................you guys are seeing where NOT to fish and doing what I do.

Bob

Maybe some beaches are more oriented fir midging while others are more suited for deep stripping especially by season. I know you work hard Bob covering a lot of area. It could be the contour of that particular beach.