Thread: Pyramid Report 3/04/2020

Default Pyramid Report 3/04/2020

I got a good nights sleep last night and woke up "Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed" and anxious to erase last weeks 'ofer.

Blasted off from home @ 7:30 and arrived at "that southern beach" @ 8:45.
    There was an unusual amount of commute traffic through Reno this morning .............with a lot of "donkey-hole drivers" too.

I suited up and joined coltss (Bob), Carmen, Jim, and Tom from Oregon in the water around 9:15.
    Yes Bill, I said "Hey" to the guys from you too !!!!!

Anyhow, the weather was pleasant with light to non existent winds and few if any clouds in the sky.
    With the bluebird conditions, the fishing was extremely slow this morning thru the afternoon.

Well, since the fishing was slow, a lot of good natured ribbing and jabs ensued.
    Yep, "smack talk o'plenty" out there today........... the givers turned into receivers, and the receivers turned into givers...................

Around 1:00 I started becoming VERY concerned that today was going to be yet another skunkin' for me.

About 1:45 I finally had a "take down" of my indicator, set the hook, and a fish was there !!!!!!
    Woo Hoo.........FISH ON !!!!!
    It rolled on top a couple of times while bringing it in and I saw that it was a "smallish rat".
    No need for the net on this one...............as I was getting ready to grab my leader, he came unbuttoned and became an 'ofer one for me........
    Four and a half hours of fishing,........................ I finally hooked a fish, ......................... and then lost it...........................

Well "the gang" started thinning out around 4:30 with their 'ofers, onesies, and twosies for the day but I wanted to "tough it out till dark".................................glad I did too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once the sun went behind the mountains the fishing picked up for me.

I managed to go 3 for 4 in the last hour of light.

So, my total for the day was 3 for 5 which includes the earlier LDR and a missed strike just before dark.

Not a "big numbers day" today, but I didn't drive home smelling like a .................. you know what !!!!!!

T'was an "afternoon/evening bite" indeed.

For the ride home tonight................my small thermos of "Beef Barley Soup".....seasoned to perfection, then a couple of "Rice Krispies Treats" along with a Gatorade chaser...................................Ummmmm not sure I'll be doing that combo again................

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ..

Bob

Sounds like the hard work paid off. Good job Bob!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

You did way better than I expected. I saw the weather forecast and talked myself into going to the Delta. Your patience is beyond measure. Great report Bob and thanks for sharing as usual

Good report thanks Bob-

Dunno bout this combo tho!

For the ride home tonight................my small thermos of "Beef Barley Soup".....seasoned to perfection, then a couple of "Rice Krispies Treats" along with a Gatorade chaser...................................Ummmmm not sure I'll be doing that combo again................