Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Show

Default The Show

Hey guys,

Anybody here go to the fly fishing show here over the weekend? I heard it was a disaster with no people, any comments?

Carl

Don't know which show they went to. Fri & Sat had good crowds. I saw a lot of people carrying items like nets, rods, hackles, hats.
    On Saturday the parking lot was full and one guy told me he had to park outside the parking lot. Biggest crowd I've seen in years.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

It would be nice to see more shops there selling fly tying materials but the expense of the booth, paying employees salaries, lodging, food, etc is just too great. Plus keeping the shop open and paying those employees.
    Not like to good old days of the San Mateo Fly fishing show...
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

I was there on Saturday and there were plenty of people. So whoever told you it was a disaster must have a personal issue with the show.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Not like to good old days of the San Mateo Fly fishing show...
    Jay,
    You said a mouthful there.
    Of all the shows I've worked and the others I've attended, those shows were my all time favorite.

Anyone else attend or remember the Moscone center show? Paul Wulff / Orvis Maiden Lane - are you out there? I'll bet you do.

Glad you guys had a good time at this years show....It's got to better than our local show when it comes to fly fishing.

Dave

I went Friday and Sunday both days had descent crowds not that is was elbow to elbow but you had to wait to talk to people and you had to wait to get on the casting ponds sometimes. I bought a few things, a reel, a jacket , a few dozen saltwater flies, some pliers and my son won a drawing for a box of flies. I should mention a big thank you to Mike Mercer for donating the flies to the give away my son won and a big thank you to Ron Heiden for running the drawing and giving out tying tips.

Regards,

Tim C
    Last edited by tcorfey; 02-27-2020 at 10:41 PM.

I remember the Moscone show well. You had to let the union people take you stuff in and even set up your booth. You couldn't touch a thing. And the PARKING!!! If I remember right, it was $12.00 to park in a lot X that by 4 days. I thought about going to the show in Bakersfield but to me that's a long drive and I didn't see any fly fishing exhibitors listed. I might stay home and go to work and maybe get a little fishing in.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Blackledge View Post
    Hey guys,

Anybody here go to the fly fishing show here over the weekend? I heard it was a disaster with no people, any comments?

Carl
    Carl,

The show was great for us. Talk to my regular guests'. Talked to new fly fishers and talked to fly fishers who never been to the show before. This was our best year ever. We didn't have time to even go to the restroom on Friday and Saturday. It was busy. Sunday was great to - I made it to the restroom twice.

I believe the show is getting better. The folks at the show have tried hard to make sure the venders, speakers and non-profits are all taken care of.

You need to come down and see it for yourself!!
    Lance Gray
    Fly Guide
    530-517-2204
    http://www.lancegrayandcompany.com

I definitely couldnt complain about the show as well. It was my first time having a booth there and it was way above expectations. 10 times better than the 2 shows I did at the Sac ISE. Glad I had a buddy working with me in my booth, without him, I wouldn't have been able to eat, drink or use the restroom. Just like Lance said, chatted with my regulars, some new to fly fishing and some that have been around for a while looking for something new. All in all a great turn out and looking forward to many years to come having a booth at that show.

See you on the water.
    Hope you are out gettin bent and tight lined
    And Always Remember
    Keep Those Line Tights
    Brian W Clemens
    Nor Cal Fly Guides
    530-354-3740
    norcalflyguides@gmail.com
    www.norcalflyguides.com

"I have many loves and Fly-Fishing is one of them; it brings peace and harmony to my being, which I can then pass on to others."
    ~ Sue Kreutzer

Dave -

I was Director of Fenwick’s Montana Fly Fishing Schools during the years of the San Mateo and later the Moscone Center shows, and I absolutely loved the shows. With great friends at the other companies’ booths, for me it was much like a family gathering. Mel Krieger, who was Director of Fenwick’s West Coast Fenwick Schools was very gracious, and during the Moscone era I had the pure joy of staying with Mel and Fanny. The Kriegers were wonderful friends and hosts...with the one caveat that Mel loved to hold court into the early morning. So, by the end of a Show I dearly craved sleep.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

Best Regards, Bob
    Last edited by Bob G; 02-29-2020 at 11:05 AM.