Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Report 2/26/2020

Default Pyramid Report 2/26/2020

This weeks Pyramid Lake adventure...............................

Pounded my morning coffee, showered, shaved, and ready to hit the road @ 8:15.

Just as I was about to launch, my pal Dave from Chico called.
    We chatted for a bit about fishing and he said that he found my Santa @ Pyramid report too !!!
    So, HEY THERE DAVER !!!! .........................the rest of this report stinks though................

So launch was delayed till 8:30..................................

Arrived at "that southern beach" @ 9:45 and was greeted by Carmen and Jimmy and soon after a group of fishermen from Idaho too.
    We chatted a little about the lake and how the fishing was for them over the last few days........slow.......and then we all made a "mass entrance" into the lake.

Well, the fishing for me was poor today.
    For some, an all day effort yielded three or four fish.
    For others......like me.........a nasty ole' skunkin'......................
    Yep, I only could manage one strike and that was it for me from 10:15 till 6:00................ An O fer one.

So, Mr T........... please send Pepe Le Pew back my way.................I'll start taking care of him AGAIN !!! ..........

And a shout out to the Idaho gang too !!
    You all made the butt whippin' I took from the Cutthroats today a little more bearable.
    Thanks again guys for the great company..................hope I run into you all again somewhere, sometime.

Needless to say,....................................... it was a VERY LONG drive home tonight even though I had my small thermos of "Cream of Potato Soup" mixed in with "Cream of Chicken Soup" .

Dang Cutthroats...................................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-26-2020 at 11:31 PM.

The time is getting closer to your big number day Bob. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for another report Bob, I enjoy reading them and appreciate the updates.. Fish should start entering the shallows more often throughout march right? Im going with my buddy a weekend in march, hes never fished pyramid before and Ive been trying to get him to go for a few years now. We’re planning on second weekend of march but wondering if we should wait till the end of the month. Most of my trips to the lake have been nov-february, but have heard march can be very good especially on midges.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcolin View Post
    Thanks for another report Bob, I enjoy reading them and appreciate the updates.. Fish should start entering the shallows more often throughout march right? Im going with my buddy a weekend in march, hes never fished pyramid before and Ive been trying to get him to go for a few years now. We’re planning on second weekend of march but wondering if we should wait till the end of the month. Most of my trips to the lake have been nov-february, but have heard march can be very good especially on midges.
    Hey Jcolin,

You're spot on with your intel...................... as far as the typical Pyramid fishing history goes.

We should be "banging 'em" pretty good with Midges right now........................I just don't know why it's been so spotty.

It "seems like" the fish are "on one day" then "off the next".......... I can't figure it out ...........................

If you have the ability to put your trip "on hold" and can be ready to go "in a flash", I think/hope that the fishing will turn on any day now.

Hmmmmmm........................................ March is ONLY two days away....................................

I'll keep on posting my (no fluff) reports................... whether good, bad, or ugly.............................

Hoping for better results soon...............................

I'm outta' here for a few hours to try and get some revenge at the local trout pond......................

Bob

We have to go up to Reno next weekend for a family thing so I’ll hit the lake next Sunday morning maybe, if I don’t go to the T instead. Hopefully the “weather” that is supposed to be incoming this weekend will stir things up a bit.

BS. Love all your posts. Both interesting and factual. Keep us entertained.
    Gordon Langenbeck
    Grants Pass, OR

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    We have to go up to Reno next weekend for a family thing so I’ll hit the lake next Sunday morning maybe, if I don’t go to the T instead. Hopefully the “weather” that is supposed to be incoming this weekend will stir things up a bit.
    Be careful out there PV if you decide to fish !!!

The local weather forecast is calling for lots of wind on Saturday and then snow down to and on our valley floor Saturday night thru Sunday morning.

Donner Pass could get ugly Saturday night.

Stick 'em good if you fish,

Bob

So, yesterday I sought out "revenge" for my Pyramid skunkin'.

A few dozen holdovers, plus a shot of Langenbeck moral support did the trick.
    Thanks Gordon.

"Copper and Black" and "Orange and Black" midges hung under a 'cator was the ticket.
    Just like Pyramid only on a much smaller scale.

I'm ready to visit the "Big Lake" again next week..........................

Bob

Bob I forgot to tell you I DID send PePe back to you- so that explains some of the smell.

The good news is I hear he's a traveling man so he may be gone next time you see mother P...!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Bob I forgot to tell you I DID send PePe back to you- so that explains some of the smell.

The good news is I hear he's a traveling man so he may be gone next time you see mother P...!
    Awwwww crap !!!!!

I just went and sniffed in my Pyramid duffel bag and, yep, he's been here.
    I guess it's a good thing he didn't decide to cozy up in my trout bag too !!!!

I hope you're correct that "he's a traveling man" and stops using my house as a hub for his travels.

He's worse than those "dang woodchucks chuckin' my wood".

Bob