Thread: Christmas Is. Quarantine

Angry Christmas Is. Quarantine

Yesterday at the Pleasanton Fly Show everyone was talking about Christmas Is. trips being canceled because of the corona-virus quarantine. According to Guy Shoenborn (Fishing with Larry) the quarantine goes through March 31,2020.

Bummer if you've got a trip planned in the near future. There's going to be a lot of re-scheduling plans.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,

Interesting news. Perhaps that is why I have so many people going to loreto this year or maybe it's cause Loreto is half the price?

Carl

Hey Tony, I am going to Fiji on March 10th and return to Honolulu on the 17th of March. Our flight goes to CI and then onto Nadi, Fiji.
    There are two Christmas Islands. The one above Australia was being used a Quarantine island for Corona Virus patients. Kiribati, our Christmas Island we like to fish, now has restrictions on who can enter the country. You need medical clearance, doctors note and have to wait three days before they will let you on the flight. So I can see why they would be canceling trips. They, Fiji Air said I was fine, because I am staying on the plane. Then it is on to Fiji for me. Hopefully nothing changes before we go or after we get there.
    Don Memmer

Further clarification...all visitors to the Republic of Kiribati are required to say in a virus free country for fourteen days then obtain a Health Certificate from a registered GP (Doctor) there indicating "all clear" prior to departure for C.I.This means anyone wanting to go fishing on C.I.who's currently in Hawaii may as well go back to mainland U.S.A.,unless you're prepared to go on to Fiji and stay for two weeks as Fiji is regarded as "virus free".Note that Australia is on the "infected" list,so unless we are also prepared to add two weeks in Fiji to our fishing trip we can forget about going on to Kiritimati.I have been in contact with the Health Dept.inTarawa and suggested that (like Samoa) a Health Clearance certificate from a registered GP three days prior to departure for C.I.should be sufficient.Let's hope the situation is resolved soon as the valued income from visiting anglers to C.I.stops now.This means no work for Guides,boatmen,drivers,cooks,Lodge staff etc.etc.
    Last edited by dynaflow; 02-23-2020 at 07:36 PM.