Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Report 2/19/2020

Default Took my Spey...

Took my spey rod Saturday for my second trip to Pyramid. Could definitely chuck the indicator.

Ended up 2 for 3. One on a purple and black midge and the other on the red with white bead head.

These might be considered "rats" but they still look like big trout to me. I will have to catch a few more before I stop taking pictures!

Amazing color differences in the fish.

And for the ride home............... Thermos of Costo Chicken Noodle with a shot of Siracha Sauce.

Katz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-22 cutt1.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	15453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-22 cutt.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	526.5 KB 
ID:	15454  
    Last edited by Katz; 02-23-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Took my spey rod Saturday for my second trip to Pyramid. Could definitely chuck the indicator.

Ended up 2 for 3. One on a purple and black midge and the other on the red with white bead head.

These might be considered "rats" but they still look like big trout to me. I will have to catch a few more before I stop taking pictures!

And for the ride home............... Thermos of Costo Chicken Noodle with a shot of Siracha Sauce.

Katz
    Looks like a successful trip. What was your setup? It looks like Rio Max with a floating tip? If so, what running line did you use? I’ve tried Rio’s connectcore shooting line with a Rio max short and a floating mow tip before and it worked great.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

Katz
    All Right Katz !!!!!!!!!

You braved the crowds and got into some fish !!!!!!
    Good Job !!!!!

Keep the reports coming !!!!!!!
    If I can't be there to fish, I LOVE to read the reports !!!!!!

Nice soup closer too....................I like it !!!!!

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-25-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Looks like a successful trip. What was your setup? It looks like Rio Max with a floating tip? If so, what running line did you use? I’ve tried Rio’s connectcore shooting line with a Rio max short and a floating mow tip before and it worked great.
    Rio Skagit Max Floating Head. I am new to spey and have a Rio Gripshooter running line. Felt like I had good control and it ended up being a great day of casting practice with a couple interruptions by fish. K
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Alright Katz !!!!!!!!!

You braved the crowds and got into some fish !!!!!!
    Good Job !!!!!

Keep the reports coming !!!!!!!
    If I can't be there to fish, I LOVE to read the reports !!!!!!

Nice soup closer too....................I like it !!!!!

Bob

Nice report- I'll take "rats" like that any day!

Liked the soup closer too!