Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Report 2/19/2020

Default Pyramid Report 2/19/2020

Once again...........I hit up the big lake today !!!!

Blasted off from home @ 8:15 and was greeted by Carmen @ 9:45.
    The word was that the wind was howling this morning and only a few fish were caught.

I had "almost" convinced myself last night to fish a little further north today.......but the wind was forecast to blow from the east all day leaving nowhere to hide.

I chatted a little with Carmen about his last weeks fishing and............................................... .............Santa was there fishing again.

After I "suited up" and was headed for the water, Santa was headed for the beach with his ladder in tow.

Nope, he didn't have a big bag of fish to divvy up among us......................nor a "Santa Bomb" fly for us to look at either.
    Nothing but a couple of grumbles and a "I just got skunked" scowl on his face.

I made my first cast just after 10:00 and didn't get ANYTHING for the next two hours.
    Right at noon I hooked and landed my first fish.....................it went more than 5lbs and less than 10.

Carmen yelled over to me "The Skunk's Gone"!!!
    My response was, of course ........................... "Thank God, I don't wanna' go through THAT again" !!!!!!!

For the next hour and a half I missed a couple of strikes and landed a "rat".
    Hummmmm........................... a little bit of action.

Carmen and "the rest" bugged out between 2:00 - 2:30.

I had one more strike just after the sun went down behind the mountains, and then I called it a day @ 5:30.

My tally for today was 2 for 5 ..................... with no LDR's.
    The two fish I managed to land ate the Cherry Bomb midge.

Not a good day number wise, but it's better than being slapped around by Mr. Skunk !!!

This next week I'll be pondering moving up a few beaches to see if I can locate some "Bruiser Cruisers" that might be hiding out, dependent on wind and weather of course.

Progresso "Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup" was the "Entree' a'la Thermos" for the ride home tonight.........I put in one too many dashes of Tabasco Sauce though.

Dang Cutthroats........................................ .....

Bob

Pretty consistent catch rate Bob. I’m sure they had you working hard to get your five hits. I might try a northern beach tomorrow. Let you know how it goes. Remember the fly show in Pleasanton is stating Friday FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Pretty consistent catch rate Bob. I’m sure they had you working hard to get your five hits. I might try a northern beach tomorrow. Let you know how it goes. Remember the fly show in Pleasanton is stating Friday FYI
    Get some sleep Bill.

You've got a long round trip drive tomorrow.

We'll chat it up tomorrow night.

Drive safe and don't forget anything................................

Bob

Bob- in your posts, what do you consider "a rat"?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Bob- in your posts, what do you consider "a rat"?

Jim
    Hi Jim !!!

I consider anything that "appears" to be less than the 24+ inch "keeper size" minimum.......... to be a "rat".
    So, < 24 inches to me = "rat".

I don't use a tape and measure/weigh each of my fish, but if it's got "big shoulders" and a "big ol' maw" I'll sometimes quickly weigh it in the net before releasing.

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-20-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Hi Jim !!!

I consider anything that "appears" to be less than the 24+ inch "keeper size" minimum.......... to be a "rat".
    So, < 24 inches to me = "rat".

I don't use a tape and measure/weigh each of my fish, but if it's got "big shoulders" and a "big ol' maw" I'll sometimes quickly weigh it in the net before releasing.

Bob

Makes sense to me.

Thanks

Jim

Went out yesterday to some north beaches. Nada. Tried another south beach and the gear guys were petty successful. Those long cast worked to get their lites in front of the fish. I was 0 for 0. I had some great conversations and enjoyed the whole experience as I always do at Pyramid. I plan to go back and redeem myself soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Once again...........I hit up the big lake today !!!!

Blasted off from home @ 8:15 and was greeted by Carmen @ 9:45.
    The word was that the wind was howling this morning and only a few fish were caught.

I had "almost" convinced myself last night to fish a little further north today.......but the wind was forecast to blow from the east all day leaving nowhere to hide.

I chatted a little with Carmen about his last weeks fishing and............................................... .............Santa was there fishing again.

After I "suited up" and was headed for the water, Santa was headed for the beach with his ladder in tow.

Nope, he didn't have a big bag of fish to divvy up among us......................nor a "Santa Bomb" fly for us to look at either.
    Nothing but a couple of grumbles and a "I just got skunked" scowl on his face.

I made my first cast just after 10:00 and didn't get ANYTHING for the next two hours.
    Right at noon I hooked and landed my first fish.....................it went more than 5lbs and less than 10.

Carmen yelled over to me "The Skunk's Gone"!!!
    My response was, of course ........................... "Thank God, I don't wanna' go through THAT again" !!!!!!!

For the next hour and a half I missed a couple of strikes and landed a "rat".
    Hummmmm........................... a little bit of action.

Carmen and "the rest" bugged out between 2:00 - 2:30.

I had one more strike just after the sun went down behind the mountains, and then I called it a day @ 5:30.

My tally for today was 2 for 5 ..................... with no LDR's.
    The two fish I managed to land ate the Cherry Bomb midge.

Not a good day number wise, but it's better than being slapped around by Mr. Skunk !!!

This next week I'll be pondering moving up a few beaches to see if I can locate some "Bruiser Cruisers" that might be hiding out, dependent on wind and weather of course.

Progresso "Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup" was the "Entree' a'la Thermos" for the ride home tonight.........I put in one too many dashes of Tabasco Sauce though.

Dang Cutthroats........................................ .....

Bob
    Thanks for the report. I will be posting mine soon... ugh
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Went out yesterday to some north beaches. Nada. Tried another south beach and the gear guys were petty successful. Those long cast worked to get their lites in front of the fish. I was 0 for 0. I had some great conversations and enjoyed the whole experience as I always do at Pyramid. I plan to go back and redeem myself soon.
    AAAAAAAWWWWWW CRAP.............................

I had my hopes up that you were going to find 'em big time yesterday...........................

I just don't know why the fishing seems to be so "spotty".

I guess some DuPont lures may do the trick next trip.

Dang Cutthroats............................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-21-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Thanks for the report. I will be posting mine soon... ugh
    Bring it on Pvillarr..............................

Tell us something good !!!

Bob