Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Things We Love

One of my best trips was ~40 years ago camping for two weeks with old friends on the Dean River in British Columbia, Canada.

Dean river Veterans Joe Shirshac, Mac Holloway, Jack Sterdivant took us youngsters, Chris Pasley and I on the great adventure.

After helicoptering in the first day we made a big camp with gear Joe had "cashed" in the woods on previous trips.

Under a huge blue tarp overhead we had a big fire going for two weeks. Sitting around the camp fire every night was wonderful.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Some of my most memorable trips were camping in the Fall with good fishing buddies on the Pit river at remote Deep Creek Campground.

Neil Hansen took me there first and my brother also discovered it with some friends he knew from the Bay area.

Then we went every year for many decades. The times we had at the campfire every night were legendary events.

Skip Orr came in late and was standing at the fire with his waders on and got so animated he feel back into the fire.

One year my brother Dick and I took teenagers Galen Geller and Paul Keel along with us for big trout and beer.

*They ruined the river for me by raising the flows...but at 75 I probably better just dream about the good old days?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

*There is something magical and timeless about sitting around a campfire in the wilderness with friends and/or family.

Couldn't agree more. The absolute best times have always been fishing/backpacking trips with dinner (and a few packed in beers) around a campfire. Still do to this day.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.

I recently ran across this program whose goal is to create these types of memories for some kids of the next generation --

https://themayflyproject.com/