I was just watching a show with Flip Pallot and Rob Fordyce spending a little time together and sharing a lot of old stories and memories while doing some shad fishing and snipe hunting around the St. John's River in Florida. There's always a soft background music while Flip speaks about how many people and kids today will never get to see any of this area that he and Rob grew up in. The conversation goes on about how many kids in big cities never get to climb or fall out of a tree. How many have never gotten to catch a bluegill or build a campfire. Things that most all of us on this board take for granted. Beautiful natural things that are going by the wayside as technology and electronics and gameboys take over the world.

No, we can't turn back time. The salmon will never spawn where they used to like they used to. The water we all love and need is being bought up by Central Valley farming conglomerates and we continue to evolve though not in a positive direction.

I fear for my kids, especially my grandkids, because they will never get to share and enjoy the gifts of nature we've grown up with.

It's good to reminisce about the old days and the fun we had growing up, but sad to think our loved ones may never get to enjoy what we did.
Tony