Thread: Amerian River Crime

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amerian River Crime

A recent post lamented about the current level of crime on the AR Parkway. Though I, as a local fisherman, spend a considerable amount of time on the AR and generally only observe evidence of vehicle breakins (broken glass in parking areas) the claim that there were robberies at gunpoint and rapes etc was news to me. I therefore logged on to the Sacramento County Parks & Recreation Dept web site and had a look at the crime statistics for 2019. You can click here and see for yourself what types of crime occured in that year. https://regionalparks.saccounty.net/...vity-Data.aspx. After logging on scroll down to "Crime Reports" so you can see the types of crime that were reported for that particular month. It's always best to research the facts before drawing conclusions.

Whenever one is on the parkway, one needs to take the normal prudent precautions to avoid being a victim just as you would in any urban area:

1. Always park in open areas where there is good view by both yourself and others of your vehicle. Don't park under bridges or among foliage.

2. Do not leave any possessions in your vehicle (even empty rod tubes) whether they are valuable or not. An old ratty coat can attract the interest of a homeless individual.

3. Fish with a friend particularly if you are going to be in the park after sundown.
    Last edited by Greg Vinci; 02-12-2020 at 09:51 PM.