Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chile suggestions needed

That’s a very beautiful area! Of course that’s true for pretty much the entire Lake District too. My wife and I did about a week of car camping and hiking along Lago Ranco and some of the streams that flowed into it, though we were not fishing at the time. I’d love to go back with fly rods, and I’ll bet you guys love it there. Do plan for rain! While mid summer is usually pretty idyllic weather, it can still rain anytime. I’m curious what month you are planning to go, for some reason I had though you were going this summer (ie more or less now). I’d think the time to go would be mid December through March, more or less?
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    I’m curious what month you are planning to go, for some reason I had though you were going this summer (ie more or less now). I’d think the time to go would be mid December through March, more or less?
    We are going in late November 2020. We will hope for the best with the weather! With my girlfriend's job it is really only feasible for her to travel for longer periods of time in July, or between mid-September and the end of the year. So we usually do our big trips for the year in those time windows. Typically in July we stay in country and do a fishing/camping trip.
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 03-01-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Yeah those pesky work schedules can really interfere with everything! Good luck with the trip, I’d love to hear how you guys do when you get back. I really miss traveling in Chile a lot!
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown