Thread: Pyramid Report 2/06/2019

Default Pyramid Report 2/06/2019

I had my chance today..........(shoulda' went yesterday).............. to fish the Big Lake.

I watched the weather this week and "decided" that today would be the best "comfort wise".

Monday morning @ 7:00 a.m. ...................... 16 degrees
    Tuesday morning @ 7:00 a.m. ........................7 degrees
    Wednesday morning @ 7:00 a.m....................28 degrees
    This morning @ 7:00 a.m. ............................25 degrees

Even though the morning temperature today was 25 , the afternoon high was forecast to be near 60 degrees.
    Unfortunately, I chose comfort over best fishing................................

Blasted off from home around 8:30 and arrived at "that southern beach" around 9:45.

Pal Carmen was there and had been there since dark o'thirty.
    I asked him how he'd done and said he was 4 for 4..................one on a midge and three on a jig.
    I took that as an "O.K., maybe I've got a chance today.......hopefully Bill didn't catch all the fish here yesterday.............."

Suited up and was on the water just after 10:00.
    Within fifteen minutes I hooked and landed a fair sized "rat".
    I immediately started thinking about that superstition "If you catch your first fish quickly, you're done for the day".

Well, I tell ya, it took another two hours before I finally hooked and landed a second "rat".
    Great............................................. . I was feelin' a little bit better now

Around 1:45 Carmen packed it in and left......... at 4 for 4.

Shortly after Carmen left I started moving up and down the beach and casting much further out.
    That tactic worked like a charm.

In the next two hours I landed three more fish and missed a strike.
    From 2:00 till 4:00 the fish "turned on" and started to eat.

Today I landed three fish on a "Cherry Bomb" and two using, I guess it could be called an "Orange Bomb" ??? Metallic Orange bead with amber wire wraps.........

PV_Premier...........the Metallic Orange bead head fly was my top fly.

I called it a day around 5:00 and headed to the car...................O.K. with my results today.
    I went 5 for 6 today (I'm only 2/3 rds the fisherman Bill Quinn is ), all rats, with one being a little larger than a rat, which is a lot better than another skunkin'.

Today wasn't that "sack full of fish" day that John H claimed Santa was going to bring me, but I'm patient and can wait.

Noticeable today too was that the days are starting to get longer..................hummmmm more "afternoon bite" before it gets dark.

For the ride home tonight, my small thermos of Vegetable Beef soup seasoned just the way I like it !!

Dang Cutthroats .......................................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-07-2020 at 10:09 AM.

As always Bob, a great read and some fine fishing.

Great report Bob. Thanks!
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"

Sounds like a fun day!

Its a fine day regardless Bob- you got out and hit fish!

Bob - Maybe the sack won’t be entirely full of fish. It is possible you could get a sack that is half full of fish and half full of cans of soup and a new thermos. That might not be so bad. Better yet there will be one of Santa’s secret flies in there. That would be a real score. A Santa Bomb tied by an elf that will make you pals Carmen and Bob Quinn come over to your ladder to see what you are catching them on.

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Bob - Maybe the sack won’t be entirely full of fish. It is possible you could get a sack that is half full of fish and half full of cans of soup and a new thermos. That might not be so bad. Better yet there will be one of Santa’s secret flies in there. That would be a real score. A Santa Bomb tied by an elf that will make you pals Carmen and Bob Quinn come over to your ladder to see what you are catching them on.
    Daaaaaaaang John,

I'm sitting here at home, all alone, read this, and ACTUALLY laughed out loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A "Santa Bomb"....................... BWAHAAAHAAA HAAAHAAAHAAAA !!!!!

Thanks John..................... oh man................... I needed that.

I'm still chuckling..............................

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 02-10-2020 at 02:59 PM.