Thread: Thank you!

Thumbs up Thank you!

A few weeks ago I bought my first drift boat. 20 years ago, I would have taken to Sailor Bar directly from the sale, thrown it into the water and well, who knows what would have happened. That 20 years, broken bones and scars have taught me a few things. One of which is learn the right way, not the hard way. I posted in this forum for help and I was answered.

Bruce Porter kindly offered to guide me down the AR.

Bruce is an absolute wealth of information. He showed me anything and everything to do with the boat and also pointed out any run that might be conducive to my passion, the swing. I thought I just needed someone to show me the how to get through the 'rapids', after all I've fished that river so much that I figured I knew it well. I didn't. Honestly I think I could have made it down the river in these flows (admittedly I would have probably bounced off some clay, hit a few rocks and bottomed out a few places) but I would have missed so much doing that. In the 4 hours it took us to get from Sailor Bar to Gristmill I think I learnt 100% more about that river than I knew in the first place.

If you ever have the chance to spend some time with Bruce, I'd highly recommend it! Also, ask him about his adventures on the Klamath!

Thanks again Bruce!

Yes, Bruce has spent a month to 6 weeks on the Klamath River near Happy Camp for 35 years.

Bruce Porter, Noe Fierros, Bruce Slightom, Rick Jorgensen and Joe Shirshac all have very long histories on the Klamath river.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........