Thread: Pyramid Report 2/1/20

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Pyramid Report 2/1/20

Imitation is the best form of flattery..............................so here I go......... Without Bob, Pyramid would be off my radar!

Bob provided the motivation.......but, having never been there, having no flies or gear........ I called:

Reno Fly Shop....................... and specifically: Mike Anderson........... What a guide!

My wife and I departed Truckee at 6:30............. Coffee in hand at Reno Fly Shop by 7:30. Followed Mike to Pyramid.

Like an Oasis as you crest the desert hills and see this enormous lake!

Switch Rods and indicators are the name of the game today............. My wife can cast! Sunny with a little wind, but not uncomfortable.

Mike is next to me explaining that the bite window is still an hour away.............. we hear "HEY, HEY, HEY!!!

Look up and wife's rod is doubled over! Most everything she catches can be pulled straight in, but not this fish! So letting a fish run takes a little coaching from Mike. But she gets it done................ 10 lb! Unbelievable.

Ended up being #1 of a great day. We ended up going 3 for 6 with 2 missed take downs and one LDR after a couple minutes of battle.

We fished until about 3:45 and then called it a day. No soup on the way home..............

But Burger Me! was a great way to end the day!

Thanks to Bob for all the great reports and a huge thanks to Mike and the Reno Fly shop for an amazing day!

Katz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyramid Chris and Kraig 2.1.20.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	446.0 KB 
ID:	15385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyramid Kraig 2.1.20.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	15386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PyramidCutt2.1.20.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	452.1 KB 
ID:	15387  
    "The only time we're guaranteed, is the time we've already had. So make the most of every day!"