On the road @ 7:20...............destination.................... .............. Spider Point.

Nope, not "that southern beach I like to frequent".

Anxious and excited to try out somewhere "new"..................I arrived at Spider @ 8:45.
I asked a fellow that walked up the hill if he'd done any good and what he was throwing to the fish.
He kind of grumbled "no fish" and "we're using midges".

Uhhhh Ohhhhhh........................................... .here we go again.

I "suited up" and walked down to the water to fish the east/west shore.
There were about a dozen and a half people fishing the rocks on the south side of me.

I tried the "Cherry Bomb", an orange version of the "Cherry Bomb", a "Zucchini Midge" and a "Patriot Midge" for two and a half hours and had EXACTLY ZERO strikes/ hits / or takedowns.
In those two and a half hours, I saw two fish landed (by the people fishing the rocks) and had more than a half dozen fish roll on the surface near and around where I was casting.

So, I said good bye to Mr. Spider at 11:30 and headed south.
I originally planned to stop at Pelican if the fishing was slow at Spider.
Not many people fishing the beach at Pelican, so I put the car on Auto Pilot and headed to that "southern beach I like to frequent".

I arrived @ Wino around noon and Pal Carmen was there fishing hard !!!
Carmen told me he had landed a fish on a "Cherry Bomb" and four of five others on a jig.

Uhhhhhh Ohhhhhhh..............................again.

I waded out in the water and settled in next to Carmen and tossed my rig out and waited for my 'cator to disappear.
Unfortunately, once again, it NEVER did.
Not even once.............

Carmen packed it in around 2:00 and I fished till 3:45, frustrated again by being bitten on the azz by Mr. Skunk.

So today was a good day of exploring and fishing, but definitely not "catching", at least not for me.

Don't worry Cutthroats..........................I'll get even............................ some day.

For the ride home tonight.........my small thermos of "Vegetable Beef Soup" with s/p and a couple of dashes of Tabasco.

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ..........

Bob