Thread: Lower Sunrise Parking Alert!

Default Lower Sunrise Parking Alert!

This is probably not going to be Big News, but for the first time this afternoon I witnessed a smashed rear window on a snug top shell on a nice Tundra Rig at the far Lower Sunrise lot. Rig was Ok when we go out to walk down around 3:00 but got hit between then and 5:30 when we walked out.

Was Grateful my truck (no shell) did not get hit also!!!

The gentlemen who got hit was a guest from So. Cal. who was up here to help a friend move something back tomorrow. Talk about BAD luck. He was Spey casting for steel and it SUCKED to see him dealing with the mayhem Sac is becoming. They took his and his friend's backpacks with their clothes. Nothing else of value was in the back.

Will be walking down from the bridge lot from here on I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RcknMKS View Post
    This is probably not going to be Big News, but for the first time this afternoon I witnessed a smashed rear window on a snug top shell on a nice Tundra Rig at the far Lower Sunrise lot. Rig was Ok when we go out to walk down around 3:00 but got hit between then and 5:30 when we walked out.

Was Grateful my truck (no shell) did not get hit also!!!

The gentlemen who got hit was a guest from So. Cal. who was up here to help a friend move something back tomorrow. Talk about BAD luck. He was Spey casting for steel and it SUCKED to see him dealing with the mayhem Sac is becoming. They took his and his friend's backpacks with their clothes. Nothing else of value was in the back.

Will be walking down from the bridge lot from here on I guess.
    I'm not at all surprised.

I have an annual pass as I have had for the last 20+ years BUT I never park in a lot which is removed from heavy vehicle, bicycle or pedestrian traffic nor do I park where the homeless population is explosive and/or adjacent to the parking lot.

Upper Sunrise, Lower Sunrise, Olive Access, Rossmoor, El Manto, How, Watt are all out for me.

Fortunately, there are still neighborhoods where one can park and walk in and reasonably expect to not get his/her windows smashed...

It’s probably been 25 years since I last got broken into in the Parkway, but I don’t leave anything worth stealing in view either.

It’s not isolated to the Parkway by any means. The Feather has always been a problem, and the Mad, Redwood Creek, and the SF Trinity are places that friends have had issues with in the recent past.

We (generic “we”) passed Prop 47 I believe in 2014, which among other things made any theft or property crime under $950 a misdemeanor, which for various good and bad reasons the police don’t go after. Thus, smash and grabs aren’t likely to be investigated or prosecuted, and certainly not punished. If that’s your direction in life, I guess, why not?

I’ll stop before I rant too long, but the bottom line is, do what you can to prevent your vehicle from being a target, or otherwise it will be.