Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing opportunities near Paradise, CA?

Quote Originally Posted by wineslob View Post
    Ya, for all intents it's "gone".

And you would know too.

Some of you may or may not remember that Mr. wineslob was a Paradise resident when the "Camp Fire" broke out.

Luckly, he, his wife, and pets, NARROWLY escaped the devistation.

I thought of you when this thread started and hope that you and your family have gotten back to "some normalcy".

Hopefully, you've been able to wet a line a time or two over the last year as well.

Good to see you posting.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    And you would know too.

Some of you may or may not remember that Mr. wineslob was a Paradise resident when the "Camp Fire" broke out.

Luckly, he, his wife, and pets, NARROWLY escaped the devistation.

I thought of you when this thread started and hope that you and your family have gotten back to "some normalcy".

Hopefully, you've been able to wet a line a time or two over the last year as well.

Good to see you posting.

Bob

Thanks Bob. It's been a "road" that's for sure. I was been able to get out this past summer quite a few times and I'm going to try the Yuba for the first time tomorrow. In all the years I've lived in the North State, I've never fished it.

To the OP, I believe Butte Creek is probably fishable. Last I was up there, two weeks ago, it was running high but not that bad.
    "For years, every time he stopped at the house to collect his paper money, it was the same routine. The old man in the wheelchair would ask him how he'd like it if he took him fishing and showed him a few things. He always said he'd like that.
    When the old man finally passed away, his wife gave the kid a box of flies. He has them today, tucked away in a closet, never to be fished."

Walt C.<---------------------------- not me, though I wish I had written it.