Thread: Pyramid Report 1/15/2020

Default Pyramid Report 1/15/2020

Sheesh....................I'm still having a difficult time with the year 2020 thing.........................

Yesterday was a "wind event" in western Nevada............ I didn't even consider fishing @ Pyramid in that mess.
    Thursday/tomorrow is suppose to be another "wind AND snow event" .....................
    That left today for me to "thread the needle" and get in some Pyramid time.

Woke up to a nice balmy 15 degrees @ 6:00 a.m..

Stirred around the house a little then hit the road just after 8:00 ......... it had warmed up to 17 degrees..........

I arrived at "that southern beach" around 9:15 and was greeted by Carmen, Bob (coltss), and Jimmy.

AND..................................... Bob (coltss) had a brand new toy today too !!!!!!
    We have a new two-handed convert !!!!
    Way to go Bob !!!!
    Once you go two hands........you'll never go back !!!!!!

Apparently, Carmen was there at "dark-o-thirty" and hadn't hooked anything pre-my arrival...................
    Uhhh...... ohhhhhhh..................... when Carmen is o'fering................that's a baaaaaad sign..................

After our morning greetings, I suited up and was on the water around 10:00.

I kinda' steered Bob (coltss) over/near me, where I fished last week.

Within a few minutes after my first cast, my 'cator took a dive.......................yippie skippie........fish on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As I was tussling with my "first of the day", I heard Bob making noise (to my right) and he had hooked up too !!!!
    I landed my fish, it was a rat, and Bob landed his too.
    I was hoping maybe, just maybe, today was going to be one of those Bjornian Numbers days........some of you remember "Bjornian Numbers" don't you ?????

Unfortunately, today wasn't fast and furious number wise............but,
    I did land a second fish that scaled out to 6lbs + and missed a strike.....................and,
    I netted a fish for Carmen in the afternoon that was 16 lbs +- .........I'm not sure though if had lifted the fish completely out of the water when I weighed him in the net .................. operator error on my part.
    I'm thinking it was over 20 myself.
    Fortunately, I did take a few pictures of Carmen and his fish...........hope those came out o.k..
    Bob (coltss) also landed a second fish just before 4:00 too.

I believe Jimmy left around 1:30, Carmen left around 2:00, and Bob (coltss) and I decided to pull the plug around 4:00.

If I got this correct...................., I went 2 for 3, Bob (coltss) went 2 for 2, Carmen went 1 for 1 (A MONSTER), and Jimmy "wore the skunk home".

I had a great time fishing with the guys at the lake today !!!!!!!

Oh, the two fish I landed were on the "Cherry Bomb Midge" and my missed strike--------unknown.
    I believe Bobs two fish were on his version of the "Cherry Bomb Midge".........................
    And Carmens "MONSTER" was taken on a boobie.

For the ride home, my small thermos of Campbells Soup "Chunky Chicken and Dumplings" with a couple of shakes of S & P and a couple of dashes of Tabasco.

Dang Cutthroats........................................

Bob

Been told Jan/Feb are top months for the mother P fishing to light off- this bears it out-

Well done to all of you guys!

Thanks fir the report Bob. Carmen always fishes his leech and beetle. Someday we might talk him into a midge with indo but he’s pretty stubborn about that. Glad your system is working well��

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Thanks fir the report Bob. Carmen always fishes his leech and beetle. Someday we might talk him into a midge with indo but he’s pretty stubborn about that. Glad your system is working well��
    Surprise, surprise, surprise !!!!!!

Yesterday Carmen had his indo rig and fished it on and off throughout the day.
    He mentioned that he'd read my last weeks report.

You know the 'ole saying.........................."When in Rome"..............................

I handed him a Cherry Bomb before he went home to use as a pattern.

Bob

That is so funny�� You turned his light bulb on.

Nice report. I have a hall pass Weds/Thurs and did not go to the salty pond last year at all, so maybe this week...that is, if the local options don't call my name, which let's face it, after driving to/from Napa Valley tomorrow/ the Mrs., they probably will.

@BS, if you are planning to head out Weds/Thurs at all give a heads up, maybe I will change my tune given the opportunity to go fishing with an "expert"

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    Nice report. I have a hall pass Weds/Thurs and did not go to the salty pond last year at all, so maybe this week...that is, if the local options don't call my name, which let's face it, after driving to/from Napa Valley tomorrow/ the Mrs., they probably will.

@BS, if you are planning to head out Weds/Thurs at all give a heads up, maybe I will change my tune given the opportunity to go fishing with an "expert"
    PV !!!!!!!!

Forget about any "local options", they'll be blown out, choclate milk, too high to fish, not worth it, too far to drive for nothing, not worth the time invested, too crowded, low holer's galore, roads will be closed/washed out, massive landslides, temporary closures on fishing where ever you're thinking...................................

This next Wednesday and Thursday are my hall pass days too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going one of those two days...............weather and wind dependent of course !!!!!!

As of right now, Wednesday is calling for NE winds around 10 mph+- and Thursday NW winds < 10 mph.
    I can deal with either of those amounts of wind.
    Wednesday is "suppose to be" mostly cloudy, more so than Thursday.
    So it's a "pick your poison".
    I'm game for either day !!!

"maybe I will change my tune given the opportunity to go fishing with an "expert""
    O.K. ............... yeah, Carmen should be somewhere on the lake.

Come on up PV and let's play !!!!!!

Keep an eye on your "PM Inbox" the next couple of days.

Bob