Thread: Stuff To Give - NFF

Default Stuff To Give - NFF

A friend of a friend passed away and she has been left with all his fishing gear. Because there was a tiny box with about a dozen flies in it she thought I would like all of it....

I took this stuff off her hands to make the task of cleaning up his stuff easier and here we are....

There are boxes of things related to fishing and even a few things related to fly fishing but mostly it is just "stuff", everything from lures to reels and a lot of "miscellaneous". There are two tackle boxes (one Flambeau in good condition, the other is missing one of two hasps) and there is a bunch (30+ spools) of different threads.

The reels, maybe 20 of them, are mostly spin reels, one closed face and the rest open, of varying quality and serviceability. Even though he fished until last year I would not trust any of the lines are okay. The sizes are from "backpack" to "saltwater".

There are no rods...yet! (She told me there will be more coming!)

Years ago there was a group that Charlie S. was involved with and they needed stuff and I am hoping someone here can use all of this for something positive. Youth fishing camps? Scouts?

I just want it all to go somewhere it can be used. Approximate weight of everything is 30-35 pounds. Say about two wine boxes of stuff. I can go through it again and get rid of the worst of it but would rather someone else decide....One man's junk....

Just so you know: I have Not picked through this stuff as I thought that would not be fair to whomever might take it. Thee is simply nothing I want/need here. Yes, I could take the hair stackers and a few tools but I will leave it all for you to take and do with as you please.

Any ideas or takers?

That sounds great. The place I supported is Camp Okizu which hosts children with cancer and their siblings. You can get info at www.okizu.org and I’m sure they could you a lot of what your friend has. If you could make a total amount of worth I think she could get a form from them for tax deduction for donation to a non-profit. A call to the organization could give you more info. Thanks for remembering me and mentioning this. I live near Bend, OR, so my getting down there to arrange anything would be tough. You have a kind heart Bob.

Good to hear from you Charlie.
    I will get in touch with the camp.

I will be up you way in early June. Passing through Bend on my way to Boise. Maybe we can garb a cup of coffee?

Absolutely!! Great time to stop and fish some of the local lakes too.