Thread: Pyramid Report 12/05/2019

Default Pyramid Report 12/05/2019

I had another chance to fish Pyramid again today.

last weekend was a long weekend of snow shoveling and another storm is coming in tomorrow, so today was that "window of opportunity" for me !!

Up @ 4:45 and checked out the local news................
    Foggy conditions WITH below freezing temperatures...........
    Those two combined equals Black-Ice.

So, I dilly dallied around the house till about 8:20 waiting for it to warm up a bit before hitting the road.

It was a bit of a "white knuckle" drive up to Reno through Washoe Valley this morning for me.
    I watched my car radio antenna ice up and start whipping back and forth until I was in Reno too.

Just before the Horse Sanctuary, the fog started breaking up and by the time I arrived at Wino there was sunshine and light southerly winds.

I found pal Carmen there today too.
    We chatted for a bit (heard there was a Bill Quinn sighting or two recently ) and I was on the water fishing @ 10:00.

The fellow I started fishing next to, after we finally recognized each other, was Bob a.k.a. Coltss here on the board !!
    Good to see you again Bobber !!!!!

Pal Carmen left around 1:00 and that's when I had my first LDR.
    My fish was on for about ten seconds before "releasing himself".
    My next LDR was about thirty minutes later and that lasted a whopping four seconds.

Later in the afternoon the wind started building, the fog started creeping over the mountains, and it started getting cold.

Somehow I snarled up my leader to epic proportions just about the time Bob (Coltss) decided to bug out.
    We said our goodbyes and I went back out for a couple of casts then decided that a warm car headed for home was where I should be.

I believe pal Carmen went 6 for 7 today, I believe Bob/Coltss went 2 for 6 (correct me If I'm wrong Bob), and me 0 for 2.

Yep, I got skunked AGAIN but my saving grace was the two LDR's.
    I gotta' tell ya, 2 LDR's are a lot better than not having ANY hits, strikes, takes, or bumps..............like I started getting accustomed to !!!

I was out of the water @ 3:50 and on the road to home @ 4:15.

And, for the ride home, a small thermos of Cream of Potato and Cream of Mushroom soup (mixed together) with a couple of shakes of salt and pepper and a couple of splashes of Tobasco sauce.

Dang Cutthroats........................................ .....................

Bob

I get the shivers here in Florida just reading that Bob......thanks.

**We are going out in the skiff on Tuesday with forecasted high of 83 degrees, sunny and 8 mph wind in Sebastian, Florida.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Hey Bob I love your word smith skills. I always feel the cold and the anxiety of whether you hooked and landed a fish or not. I was there a couple of days ahead of you. I noticed by being there early, the gear guys were more successful in the early morning and the fly guys more successful later in the morning. So Carmen will usually catch fish with his gear early and go to the flies later. Actually he uses whatever works The fish are good sized. I saw most of the caught fish near ten pounds one side or the other. i caught three, all on beetles. One 12 pounder, one 8 and one four.

Good stuff bob- thanks for the report. and the soup closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    Good stuff bob- thanks for the report. and the soup closer!
    Hey Mr T,

Have you and Jake got your "cats herded" yet ??

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Hey Mr T,

Have you and Jake got your "cats herded" yet ??

Bob
    Last time I heard from him he was busy putting holes in lower woodland creatures- looked kinda fun!

I'm trying to get my cats to quit fighting! I think December may have a trip in it if the planets line up for me!