Thread: Trout action ?

Default Trout action ?

So, I am not looking to blow up your hole but.. just looking for a general recommendation for somewhere that may produce a result. Typically I just swing but lately, for many reasons I've felt the urge to pick up a one hander, and that's exactly what I have done. As I wait for the winter steelies to show up I figured this would be a good time to check it out, however I don't have the knowledge of where might produce at this time of year. I know Putah is off limits (not legally but I can respect the voluntary withdrawal) so that's not going to work -

where might be a good place to try? Looks for somewhere sort of local from the Sac area.

thanks in advance!

I would guess the Lower Yuba river, the Lower Feather river and the Lower Sacramento river?

Could be some action on the Lower America river for Steelhead?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I’d second Bill on the Lower Yuba and Lower Sac. Seems like I’ve seen caddis coming off the Sac every month of the year, flows permitting, and both can have excellent BWO hatches (although I’ve always found the Yuba fish TOUGH on the surface in December, but catchable). Both rivers set up well and fish decently swinging with a 4 wt Spey as well. And it beats the holiday crowds at the mall or watching January fog...