Thread: Yesterday at Pyramid Lake

Default Yesterday at Pyramid Lake

Fished Pyramid Lake yesterday with Mike Churchill. We left from Fair Oaks at 5am. We finally got on the water by 8:15 with a couple of stops on the way. The weather was pretty wacky. Perfect sunny conditions to start. Temperature of the water and air were the same, 57 degrees and light winds. Mike on his second cast hooked into one with a clouser minnow. His second wasn't to come till the afternoon. Oh the weather by then was hailing, raining, cloudy and windy. We thought this was going to be perfect We did get into 11 with six to hand. I think the weather last week warmed the waters to the point the fish were pushed out further than they were just a week ago. Hopefully these weather fronts will bring the fish closer to shore in the coming weeks. I caught all of my fish on the beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Fished Pyramid Lake yesterday with Mike Churchill. We left from Fair Oaks at 5am. We finally got on the water by 8:15 with a couple of stops on the way. The weather was pretty wacky. Perfect sunny conditions to start. Temperature of the water and air were the same, 57 degrees and light winds. Mike on his second cast hooked into one with a clouser minnow. His second wasn't to come till the afternoon. Oh the weather by then was hailing, raining, cloudy and windy. We thought this was going to be perfect We did get into 11 with six to hand. I think the weather last week warmed the waters to the point the fish were pushed out further than they were just a week ago. Hopefully these weather fronts will bring the fish closer to shore in the coming weeks. I caught all of my fish on the beetle.
    Qp........................you the man !!!!!

Good job getting into the fish !!!!!

I had planned to fish Pyramid today, but, the wife's car was scheduled to go into the shop late this afternoon AND last night was our first snow event......albeit nothing on the ground here though.
    I've never been too keen on driving after the first precipitation event.........post summer.

Probably the biggest deterrent for me though was that the wind was suppose to blow from the NE @ 15-20 with gusts to 40 and rollers on the west shore around 2 feet high.

And just a quick question for you Qp.
    Were you fishing up north or down south ??????

I'm going to do a late morning launch/trip on Friday after I walk the grandson to the bus stop.
    My report to follow.

Thank you for the report Qp !!!!

Bob

Hi Bob
    I figured you wouldn't be going out today as the prediction for wind was for over 15. I told our friend to say hello to you. When you see him you'll know the spot I had a long and fun conversation with him. Apparently he spends over a hundered days fishing the lake. I asked why he doesn't guide with his extensive knowledge of the lake and his answer was becasue he didn't want to interrupt his fishing time with having to take people around. He's really hardcore. Plenty to learn from him though. Good luck Friday Bob.
    Last edited by Quinnphoto; 11-20-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Hi Bob
    I figured you wouldn't be going out today as the prediction for wind was for over 15. I told our friend to say hello to you. When you see him you'll know the spot I had a long and fun conversation with him. Apparently he spends over a hundered days fishing the lake. I asked why he doesn't guide with his extensive knowledge of the lake and his answer was becasue he didn't want to interrupt his fishing time with having to take people around. He's really hardcore. Plenty to learn from him though. Good luck Friday Bob.
    Ahhhhh................................. if I were a betting man, I'd say you ran into Carmen.

If it was Carmen, yep, he knows his doo doo at the lake !!!!!

Several weeks ago I found this site that has some pretty good Pyramid info regarding wind velocity, direction, and wave height for a couple of days out.

Click here:https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/rev/lakefcst/?area=pyramid

It might be worth bookmarking just so you know what to expect for your next trip.
    I check it the day before my trips now.

Thanks again for your Pyramid report !!!!

Bob