Thread: Sedona

Default Sedona

Aloha, I spent the long weekend in Sedona Arizona with my two younger sisters. They wanted to celebrate my 60th b-day coming up on thanksgiving and couldn't come out to Hawaii, so we met in Sedona.

I got to fish Oak Creek. I have fished there before and it is not a destination fishery, but still beautiful and challenging. The browns there are pretty educated.

I was able to get a couple of rainbows. They stock them and they are hold overs from the summer. I did have a brown swipe at a fly, but missed him. Still it was fun to be on a small creek and enjoy the changing colors. I miss that here in Hawaii.

The highlight was the offroad activities there. They do these pink jeep tours, but I didn't want someone else driving me around, so we rented a tricked out jeep.

We did a number of trails but the nutz one was broken arrow. It was a blast and the views were stunning. If you are into mountain biking they have the white line run and people die there all the time, one ate it last week. You tube that one for fun.

It was great spending time with my sisters and just being together again. We plan to do that when the next one turns 60 in a couple of years. The beer and food were awesome as well. Mems.
    Don Memmer

An early happy birthday Mems! Sedona is a very special place...one of our favorites as well. Hope to see you again on the big island.
    Terry

Nice Mems, Happy early Birthday as well! I'm trying to cut down on the IPAs
    and your picture didn't help. Cool trip.

I just looked up the White Line Trail....oh hell no!!

Eric