O.K. gang........here goes........................

On the road @ 6:20 and 28 degrees.....................ummmm not too bad.

Arrived at my "favorite southern beach" @ 7:40 and 37 degrees....................not too bad either.

Suited up and was on the water just before 8:00.

I shared the beach with five other anglers this morning.
By noon I counted 9 of us fishing.

At one point this morning, pal Carmen and I were the only ones fly fishing.

The spinning rod guy's were having a field day casting spoons way in the he** out there and rippin' their spoons back in.
And, yes, they were catching fish too.
Pal Carmen switched off and on with his spinning gear too about every 45 minutes to an hour.

Me, I switched from 'catoring to stripping about that often as well.

Today absolutely stunk for me.

I tried midges, balanced leeches, balanced tui-chubs, buggers, popcorn beetles, tui-chub streamers and absolutely NOTHING for me.
Not one strike, take, hit, tap, or bump......................... 7 hours of fishing....................and NOTHING.

Later in the afternoon, two guys said they fished Pelican for a couple of hours in the morning and only saw one fish landed there.

I think the fish were in the "reaction strike" mode today.
They sure weren't eating anything that resembled "trout chow".

Since I was stinkin' like a skunk and wanted to beat the evening commute traffic thru Reno, I packed it in @ 3:00 this afternoon and was home just before 5:00.

So, not much fishing action to report on....................... at least from me..................

Given that the the full moon is happening in about a week, I may just give Pyramid a rest (next week) and go looking for some local trout.

Dang cutthroats......................

For the drive home tonight, a small thermos of Steak and Potato soup............a little salt and pepper, a dash of Tabasco, and a spoonful of A1 Steak Sauce.

Bob