Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trinity Report

Unhappy Trinity Report

We were up on the Trinity Sunday and Monday. Quick report is water is fall low, 300 cfs, and gin clear. There seemed to be very few fish in the system on the lower river. What we got, and saw, were all small wild fish. You need to be on your game right now, because you're not going to get a lot of chances during the day. However, steelheading in 80 degree weather on the Trinity is not bad either. The scuttlebutt was that all the hatchery fish were being taken by the tribe at the weir?? Who knows. Right now, I would think about going to the Lower Sac rather than the Trinity. You certainly get into many more fish, and probably several that would be larger than most of the steelhead on the Trinity right now. A couple of rains may very well change that

Sadly, we got back to our truck after fishing Sunday, and my buddies fob had been taken from the back of his truck. He had stashed it under some gear in back, and when we came back, it was gone. I would have doubted his story if I hadn't watched him stash it myself. SO there we were, in Weaverville with no wheels or way to obtain a replacement fob in town. The answer was a tow to the Toyota dealer in Redding on Sunday night, a scrubbed drift on Monday and half a day waiting for the new fob to be programmed. That was an expensive 16 hours for my buddy. Sometimes technology may not be worth the convenience?

I had to chuckle when the tow truck driver reminded my buddy that if he had paid $50 more for the next level of annual AAA service, the tow would have been free rather than $360. Talk about pouring salt into a wound . . .

Bob

Sorry to hear about the stolen fob.

I've had AAA Plus for 20+ years. It has saved me some grief. Stuff happens.

It might be possible to get an old-style key made from the valet key, if the vehicle supports it; something you can bring with you without fear of getting wet. A lot of Home Depot's now have smart key-making machines that can scan your key, recommend a blank, and the key guy just sticks it into the machine which moments later turns out a key copy for a few bucks.

We have a Honda CRV that came with 3 keys...two with buttons and one without as a back up.

Good idea to have a plan key made that you could slip into your wallet by your old Trojan?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I have 2 fobs 2 keys and the upgraded AAA lol. I tend to have rough luck sometimes,pays to be prepared. Thanks for the report. I was in the upper river and found a few but had to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    We have a Honda CRV that came with 3 keys...two with buttons and one without as a back up.

Good idea to have a plan key made that you could slip into your wallet by your old Trojan?
    Got a good laugh at that, thanks!

I had to chuckle when the tow truck driver reminded my buddy that if he had paid $50 more for the next level of annual AAA service, the tow would have been free rather than $360. Talk about pouring salt into a wound . . .

Bob

If he has had his AAA for more than 7 years then he is ahead of the game.... had to get my truck towed a few weeks ago. Ended up costing me $100 and the driver says the same thing to me.... I told him I've been a member for 20+ years and this is my first tow, do the math!

I hear you, I'd rather lay the $50 down annually and avoid the big payday myself. My buddy tells me that on the new Toyota's, the fob does not have a key???? As far as that wallet, with a certain measure of safety enclosed, that old boy rotted away a long time ago!!!!!

I did take the opportunity to get a couple of pictures, which will come in handy to blackmail a couple of beers out of him over the next few years. I am tucking this one away in the storybook to be retold as needed over the years . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burke3.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	4.31 MB 
ID:	15109

You won't see many Toyota trucks being towed home........
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Your buddy needs to get a dry bag so he can put important stuff like that in the dry bag and bring it on the boat with him. I would never leave car keys out like that. People steal all kinds of random stuff.

Why did they take the fob and not the truck?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958