We were up on the Trinity Sunday and Monday. Quick report is water is fall low, 300 cfs, and gin clear. There seemed to be very few fish in the system on the lower river. What we got, and saw, were all small wild fish. You need to be on your game right now, because you're not going to get a lot of chances during the day. However, steelheading in 80 degree weather on the Trinity is not bad either. The scuttlebutt was that all the hatchery fish were being taken by the tribe at the weir?? Who knows. Right now, I would think about going to the Lower Sac rather than the Trinity. You certainly get into many more fish, and probably several that would be larger than most of the steelhead on the Trinity right now. A couple of rains may very well change that

Sadly, we got back to our truck after fishing Sunday, and my buddies fob had been taken from the back of his truck. He had stashed it under some gear in back, and when we came back, it was gone. I would have doubted his story if I hadn't watched him stash it myself. SO there we were, in Weaverville with no wheels or way to obtain a replacement fob in town. The answer was a tow to the Toyota dealer in Redding on Sunday night, a scrubbed drift on Monday and half a day waiting for the new fob to be programmed. That was an expensive 16 hours for my buddy. Sometimes technology may not be worth the convenience?

I had to chuckle when the tow truck driver reminded my buddy that if he had paid $50 more for the next level of annual AAA service, the tow would have been free rather than $360. Talk about pouring salt into a wound . . .

Bob