Well today I had a VERY RARE (Monday) opportunity to fish Pyramid.
Most of my outings are relegated to only a Wednesday and/or Thursday (wife's days off).

Woke up @ 5:45 and was on the road @ 6:20 and 28 degrees.
With daylight savings time ended, it sure puts a new wrinkle in my Pyramid outings...................

Arrived at Wino @ 7:40 and 37 degrees, and was fishing @ 8:00.

I did finally meet up with pal Carmen from Sparks.
I haven't seen him for a few weeks @ Wino.
Apparently he contracted a "flu" and was down and out for almost two weeks, and, we didn't fish the same days as each other.

Anyhow, this morning there was a light southerly wind that died around noon and a light northerly wind appeared around 1:00.
The sun was shining and it neared 70 degrees too.

There were about 8 of us fishing at the beach today.
A few of us were fly fishing and the rest were using spinning rods/gear and THEY WERE KILLING IT.
Saw a couple well over 10lbs landed and lots of 5-10 lb'ers too.

The fish seemed to be way out offshore, and not too interested in flies in close.
Yep, I tried my chartreuse stuff, nymphs, tui-chubs, and midges, all to no avail.

I did manage to go 3 for 3 today though...........thank goodness it wasn't a skunkin' day for me.

I landed one fish on a balanced leech, and two on a flashback white/chartreuse beetle (a.k.a. shiny foam Mr. T).

Because the sun sets so early now, I decided to "bug out" @ 3:30 and beat the evening commute traffic thru Reno before the sun set.

And for the ride home, a small thermos of Beef Barley soup with a dash of salt and pepper and a couple of shakes of Tabasco that tasted soooo good !!!!

I'm not sure if I'm going to fish again on Wednesday or Thursday this week, but as usual, a report to follow.

Bob