Thread: Beware of hazard at south end of mildred!!

Default Beware of hazard at south end of mildred!!

There is a large pipe floating just under the surface at the South entrance to the island. Not easy to see and it spans the entire break just inside the island. I was heading right for it today and barely noticed it due to the calm weather. If there had been any chop on the water I would have hit it. I'm guessing the high winds finally dislodged this thing and it started floating. Part of it has been visible on the Eastside of the entrance for awhile. Please spread the word.

Floating?! IF someone captured the event on video (pipe ascending to the surface after decades of being submerged).......... almost Loch Ness like.

Speaking of Loch Ness............ with all the iphones around with incredible video capabilities, that creature should be seen a little more often?!

Thanks for the warning and sharing your first-hand account.

Just Saw this on Blanton today as well. Thanks for the heads up as that thing looks nasty.

The pictures on Blanton made it look like it was to the west of the south entrance.

Can you elaborate on the exact location please?

Just inside the island if you are entering from the south. It spans the entire break and there is no way around it. I'm curious to see if anything has been done to make it safer. Hopefully the Sheriff or CG marked it at least.

Just looked at the picture you mentioned. Looks like it moves with the tide or wind. When I saw it, it was across the entrance.

Per the 11PM newcasts...... some unfortunate boater hit the pipe today and had to be rescued. Pipe apparently belongs to PG&E.... Coast Guard now investigating.
    Last edited by OceanSunfish; 11-04-2019 at 10:56 AM.

That makes sense. There's a "Don't Anchor"warning sign out in Middle River to the west that would line up perfectly with this pipe. The hits just keep on coming with a certain utility company.