Thread: Smashed Window Rossmoor Bar 10/25/2019

Default Smashed Window Rossmoor Bar 10/25/2019

Went to Rossmoor at about 6:30am and was the only car in the lot, though I did see a van exiting the park on my way in. When I got back around 9am, there was one additional car in the lot that had been broken into through the drivers side window. Careful with your belongings out there!

On a happier note, I was able to find several willing half-pounders.

That always sucks! Rossmore, of all the American river access points, is one I try to avoid as much as possible. Of course, all the access points are prone to low life’s breaking into your car... leave nothing if you can...
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    That always sucks! Rossmore, of all the American river access points, is one I try to avoid as much as possible. Of course, all the access points are prone to low life’s breaking into your car... leave nothing if you can...
    JB
    Rossmoor and El manto are the worst.
    Olive Access (Toyon) during salmon season and Upper Sunrise during steelhead season are a close second.
    Lower Sailor Bar on south side (last lot past hatchery) and Lower Sunrise also on south side are next in line.
    Sarah Court when it is open (Oct-March) is bad.

I buy an annual pass every year and end up mostly parking in adjacent neighborhoods and walking in to the parkway to avoid break in and theft, go figure...

Between theft and homelessness (and mostly they are separate issues...) we are screwed ;(

Yeah, I used to live right at the park entrance to El Manto. What a crappy neighborhood! I was new to the area, and was excited to have such easy access to the river and at such cheap rent (ok so I was very young and naive). I think I had my ancient beat up hunk of junk car broken into 4 times in the 3 months I lived there, including once where all the doors were unlocked and they still broke a window! I finally had taken to parking with the windows down, and then the final kicker, they rummaged though my open car and “tagged” it with spray paint inside and out. All I could figure was they were pissed I didn’t leave anything in it? Not my fondest of times, though to be fair there were some very nice people I met in the neighborhood too... still, I was very happy to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by STEELIES/26c3 View Post
    Rossmoor and El manto are the worst.
    Olive Access (Toyon) during salmon season and Upper Sunrise during steelhead season are a close second.
    Lower Sailor Bar on south side (last lot past hatchery) and Lower Sunrise also on south side are next in line.
    Sarah Court when it is open (Oct-March) is bad.

I buy an annual pass every year and end up mostly parking in adjacent neighborhoods and walking in to the parkway to avoid break in and theft, go figure...

Between theft and homelessness (and mostly they are separate issues...) we are screwed ;(
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

It’s been at least 20-25 years since I last got broken into on the American River Parkway. Isolated, unlit parking lots with easy escape routes are going to be prone to it though - the basic rule of not leaving anything in sight applies, just like it does on the Feather, Yuba, Mad, Lower Sac, etc... I think anywhere that has an urban population, homeless, marijuana dispensaries, etc is going to have the problem.

too much area to patrol and no real penalty for the thief- its not a stretch to see why it happens- I stopped and turned around in the lot many times because I knew I'd worry the whole time about the spot or some sketchy people/cars in the lot. maybe I'm paranoid, but it's my reality