Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simms repair services Anyone use em?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Simms repair services Anyone use em?

I sent a pair of boots back to them 3 weeks ago, cannot get a reply from them on receipt or status after 2 emails and a phone message to them.

Anyone use them? Wonder how you experience was?

I've sent waders in for repair 3 different times over the past 10 years or so. I've always used the "check repair status" feature on the website to see what's happening. Sorry, I don't have any experience with emails or phone calls.

All 3 of my repair experiences have been good to excellent. They seem to take about 2 to 3 weeks from start to finish after receiving my waders. I don't recall them ever taking more time than that. Maybe it's different for boots.

I have with very good results. Three pairs of waders over 20+ years. Sent back once for suspender replacement and have been happy.

Maybe I just need to relax and give more time. The website status is where I started before email and phone, but that’s only been a week .

They took a long time repairing waders for me once and waived the charge because of the delay. It could work out for you.

Excellent Service.
    I've dealt with them twice and had a pleasant experience both times.

I had what I felt was great service from Simms. I sent in a pair of 4 year old leaky G4Z waders for repairs. They were returned to me within 3 weeks. Unfortunately though, they still leaked. When I called in to complain about them still leaking they offered me a brand new pair at more than half off the list price less the $40 for the repairs I had paid earlier.... No complaints from me.

I sent in G3 to fix leaks and replace the stocking feet with one size larger. $45.00 which was a great deal for me and much more comfortable now. Took about three weeks from when I sent in to when I got back. Phone communications with the repair dept was just fine. I am satisfied with their service. I did send in a twelve year old pair of waders that they sent back and said nothing they could do for them, but I thought it was worth a try.

Welp. It’s turned ugly. After a number of phone calls, I learned that the boots were shipped to the wrong address 11 days ago and are in a usps black hole. Despite calling and confirming the ship to, their shipping group gets different information when the labels get printed.

So after 9 weeks, and many calls on my part, I have no boots.

Is Simm's going to help you? Seems this should be 100% on them.