Posted by Bob Arwine on 2019-10-12 10:18:40

After putting MANY..MANY.. hours into looking West, North, and Central Delta I stumbled into several groups of "new crop" Stripers in the Central area of the Delta Friday. More than likely I would not have found them without knowing how to use the side finding function on my scanner.

In one of the Sloughs over a three hour period, four groups showed up. My first Striper came to the boat at 6:15 on this slough. One of the other groups was found on the San Joaquin. The lack of "W" Friday was great! I didn't bonk myself even once...HA! Rock walls,islands and shoals.

More than likely any fly would have produced however, I used a 3D Clouser in Char/ white and of course a 3/4 inch pulse disc.

Total for the day was twenty-nine. Perhaps less than ten of the Stripers were undersize. Many were over twenty with the largest being twenty-four inches. To me good news.

I had a boat of five game wardens do an inspection, the first time in perhaps ten years, of my boat. I had fun with them admitting that I had caught eleven Stripers as they were coming along side. They reported that the Stockton office had hired two more Wardens. Insert political statement here.......