I fished my new Beulah G2 Platinum 6wt Spey Rod for a couple of days. I really liked it.

The rod is an interesting color. Beulah list it as Black Iris on their web page and from the picture there it looks black. But it actually a dark blue, indoors in looks black, but in bright light it is a definite blue. The guide wraps are a solid blue and the ferrules are a blue to purple fade.

The rod feels very light in weight; Beulah says that it is made with Graphene, but I have no idea how they can apply something that is 1 Carbon atom thick. Guess I just need to take their word for it. It balances with an old Lamson Velocity 3.5x weighing 5.7oz and 150 yds of 20# dacron backing at the very tip of the handle. (A reel that weighed ~0.5oz more would balance out better)

I lined the rod with a Rage Compact 420 grain line. The rod bent deep and cast easily with a Poly-leader and a slightly weighted fly. (most of the time a fished an unweighted fly) I also tried Beulah's Exilar Scandi 400 grain line. It felt right for touch and go cast, but it would not cast a slightly weighted fly. (Or one could say that: I could not generate enough line speed to cast a slightly weighted fly with that line). I liked casting the Rage Compact better. Maybe it was because of the extra 20 grains.

I am a happy fisherman, Mark