Thread: Pyramid Report 10/03/2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I’m gonna run up Friday night and fish Saturday. Been years, what flies should I be bringing? Use to fish a pair of wooly worms on a fast sink line but I’m not sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
    I’m gonna run up Friday night and fish Saturday. Been years, what flies should I be bringing? Use to fish a pair of wooly worms on a fast sink line but I’m not sure?
    I'll give this a try Mr T,

For stripping on the bottom, try black or olive wooly bugger/worm followed by an origional Popcorn Beetle (chartreuse/white) or a boobie in the same chartreuse/white color.
    My pal Carmen did VERY well last week in the early a.m. stripping on this set up.
    Of course, sometimes things change from day to day, but a dark fly followed by a light colored floating fly usually does the trick.

If you want to cast then strip a streamer at various depths, try an olive over chartreuse over golden-tan over white streamer.
    Vary your stripping speed each cast, trying slow to as fast as you can.
    The fish are on the "hunt" for Tui-Chubs right now and they'll chase and grab a fast moving fly.

If you try a 'cator or floating line no 'cator, try a balanced leech in black or olive or a balanced Tui-Chub minnow, once again in the olive over chartreuse over golden-tan over white is the ticket for matching the Tui-chub colors.

The fish are looking for meat right now so big flies will work.
    You don't have to toss your flies a mile out there either.
    Most of my strikes and hook-ups while fishing with an indicator were within 50 feet of the shore.
    The LCT's are moving from the deep water to the < 10' water looking for the Tui-Chubs near the shelves then retreating back to the deeper cooler water.......... after they grab a Scoobie Snack.

I'm going again tomorrow to try out my "new" balanced Tui-Chub minnows, version 3.0, that I've been working on.

Report to follow tomorrow night.

Good luck out there and let us know you did !!

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 10-08-2019 at 01:52 PM.

hey bob thanks for the info- priceless! Will get to work tonight on the vice!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0542C768-DE04-4F48-90AC-1DA29E481FE1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	398.3 KB 
ID:	15038

A start