Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're finally home.

Default They're finally home.

The Paiute's are finally back in their home range.

ftp://ftp.wildlife.ca.gov/OCEO/Paiut...DFW_B-Roll.mp4
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Pretty awesome! Hope they can keep the bucket brigade out...

Hi P, I got hooked on fishing in the early '70's while living in Soddy Daisy right on the bank at Bass Bay. That one summer was all it took. Bass, Catfish, 'Gills, Drum, trotlines with the local commercial guys, it was heaven on earth for a born fisher-child. My two brothers and older sister all fished that summer but I was the only one that really caught the fever. Good times.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Maybe some folks are just predisposed to become fish-obsessed.

We've got some amazing fishing around here, but I would love to have seen that river before the dams went in...

I only spent a couple years in CA, but still miss many of the fisheries and friends I made there. Haven't been back since 2015 -- probably ought to correct that soon.

Just for the record this is the second planting. First was two years ago but that seems to be to long for CDFW to remember!https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Science-...oat-trout-home

Lew, you missed this in the article.

." In order to offset the resulting population decline, the partner agencies caught 86 pure PCT in North Fork Cottonwood Creek. On August 23, 2017, the fish were planted back into Silver King Creek above Llewellyn Falls."

The native range for the PCT is BELOW Llewellyn Falls. That's where the planting the other week occurred, in their actual native range.

It was the Basque sheepherders who moved the originals above the falls in the early 1900's.
    Tight lines brother.
    Ed

Um, does anyone know why that came out green?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Um, does anyone know why that came out green?
    Built in "Fact Checker"........ "Green" = Truth

Thanks Ed for the clarification. Makes perfect sense all the way around. Could you cite the article you are referring to? Read several but I suppose I was not seeing the "green"! LEW

Quote Originally Posted by ptychocheilus View Post
    Maybe some folks are just predisposed to become fish-obsessed.

We've got some amazing fishing around here, but I would love to have seen that river before the dams went in...

I only spent a couple years in CA, but still miss many of the fisheries and friends I made there. Haven't been back since 2015 -- probably ought to correct that soon.

Dave, come out! What dammed river are you referring to? I can't open the link, the answer is probably in there. Truchas in the spring?