Thread: Big Island with Jim and Tony

Default Big Island with Jim and Tony

Aloha, spent the weekend fishing with Jim and Tony. Here is Jim with a Nuunuu at Mauna Lani. It was windy and only saw one bone.

I did get this papio, but it was pretty slow. gear guy was scaring all the fish before we got there.

We went offshore in Kona the day before.Had a 200lb marlin on, but he threw the hook on the first Jump. Ran into porpoise at most of the buoys saw one 40lb ahi get munched. Hit one buoy with small ahi, mice on it and the boys got some on poppers. Live baited one and saw some mahi come in, but too any tripper fish. Oh well, that is fishing, but we had fun. Jim and I had fished before,but it was awesome to finally meet Tony. I am sure we will have some more fishing adventures in the future. Mems.
    Don Memmer

Hey Don
    Got home late last night. It was great fun fishing with you again always a good time in Kona. Let me know those spring break dates if you want to try and do that sailfish trip. Thanks again for all your help.
    Jim May

Hey Jim, glad you got back safe. Did you get out for a day on Oahu? My dates for spring break are march 14th-22nd.
    Don Memmer

Aloha Don,

Fishing is fishing and they all can't be great days but I learned so much from your experiences on the water.

That "C" buoy finally had some fish and came alive when it was time to go in. After three small tuna I knew I saw a mahi take mine off the popper. The next pass proved it when we saw several come up.

I hope we get to fish together again soon. Aloha for now, Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Hey Don,
    We didn't go to Oahu, maybe next time I'll let you know want I find on those dates.