Thread: 8/30 Yuba report

Default 8/30 Yuba report

Seeing that the flows were dropping, I had to run up and fish on the private property one last time in 2019. This got my daily cost up there down to $333 per visit this year . . . only 3 days of fishing.

The fishing was as good as I have seen it for a long time. I had not had a double digit day up there for about a year and half until yesterday. Sub surface stoneflies were the ticket, and about any stone would work. The fish were all chunky and healthy. Some were the very bright and silvery Yuba color, some were more colored up in typical Rainbow colors. Fish ranged from 8" to 17", so it was good to see a diverse population of fish in the river. I think the fall and winter fishing up there is going to be very, very good.

I would prefer to see the Upper River regain some of it's character and personality again. So much of the higher stuff is just big and deep . . . almost lakes. I was surprised to see as much didymo as I did yesterday. It was very heavy in some areas. As is the case at this time of year, not much came off, some early morning midges, a couple of caddis and that was it.

Hoofing up and down the river for 7 hours in 95 degree weather is a quick weight loss solution!

That's it for a quick, short Yuba report

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YUba.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	4.71 MB 
ID:	14968

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YUba.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	4.71 MB 
ID:	14968,

I guess some years you have to pay your dues. Some years the Pmds, March Browns and caddis hatch are great and the flows aren't 60,000 cfs. I can't believe you only made it out there for three days. Egg bite coming up There is also a great caddis hatch in the fall! I have taken on fishing dries only like Bill Lowe during the egghead hatch.

For me, that is Steelhead season . . . time to head up north.